$vboptions[bbtitle]

Squier Classic Vibe Custom Pickup Changes

sixtiesreject
July 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hello Hello--
How many of you changed the bridge pickup of yer CVC [the sunburst model..] and what was the difference in sound ?
The stock pickup is weak and a bit on the "thin" side [not "bad"] and all of the CVC's I've played just didn't have the volume or "bigness" that I prefer.
So, what are the real-time obvious changes in tone and volume you got ??

musicalmartin
July 25th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Try adjusting height first.I really wouldnt call the CVC pickups thin .The stocks are pretty good .Also a 4 way switch will fatten up it all nicely .I put a Tonerider Hot classic in the bridge mainly because I had one but also a similar neck pickup will sound a bit thicker and hot .People comment on how good it all sounds .I like the neck pickup but its certainly not thin .

sixtiesreject
July 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hello Hello--

I'm referring to the bridge pickup only. I usually don't even use neck pickups!
The CVC bridge pickup is a thin sounding one to me and since every CVC I played is on the light side [tone wise..] I want to know what difference a pickup change made.

Mark Davis
July 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
The bridge pickup is low ohms 5.8k if you have an amp that likes low ourput pickups it will sound fine if not it will sound thin.

jrfrond
July 25th, 2011, 04:02 PM
If you live on the bridge pickup, you'll probably want something fatter-sounding with a bit more kick. Lots of options out there, both single-coil and humbucking.

sixtiesreject
July 25th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hello Hellloooooo--

O.K., I know what the options are but I want to get the personal experiences of people who changed the bridge pickup and:

1] What pickup they changed to
2] What are the differences in tone and volume.

Duke
July 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Watch this video my friend. I went with 52-T.
CBMfmZRYPmw

kiefe-caster
July 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Yep, I did the same as musicalmartin, except I changed neck and bridge to Hot Classics. Although someday I may change the neck pickup back, the TR isn't as clear as the stock neck pickup.

Stubee
July 26th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Changed my CVC bridge to a HWY 1 Texas Tele--not a Texas Special--that is hotter & went from thin to very nice/meaty, total tonal change for the better. Posted here on it, got it from a TDPRI guy.

Got an AV62RI with pups that are also not 'hot' & I love it. CVC bridge pup the only Tele pup I've ever truly disliked & I know how to fiddle with pup heights etc. YMMV.