$vboptions[bbtitle]

Some Velvet Morning

blowtorch
July 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Okay who's familiar with this very oddball piece of psychedelia from Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra?

Bolide
July 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Very oddball.
Effective and spooky.

edit
http://www.cduniverse.com/lyrics.asp?said=2279209&pid=2633925

Hazelwood's scorched earth vocals and 'More hungover than Kristopherson ever thought of being' lyrics against the space cadet verse sung by Sinatra somehow worked.

sixtiesreject
July 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hello Hello--

I'm real familiar with it! Haven't heard it lately but always loved it.
What's your take on the lyrics?

blowtorch
July 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
"What's your take on the lyrics?"

I think of it as a Sam Arkoff movie set to music.

sixtiesreject
July 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hello Hello---
More then a fair share of sexual innuendo...

gypsymoth
July 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM
try the vanilla fudge version.

Bolide
July 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I dint know there was a Vanilla Fudge version. Will do.

DuncanAngus
July 12th, 2011, 12:41 PM
That was kind of a creep song as I remember as a kid. Not MacArthur Park creepy, a different creepy.... Know what I mean?

gypsymoth
July 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLn3DY6hLac&feature=related

edit - there's a sub 4 minute version that the footage is from.

Sterling Indigo
July 12th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Interesting. As with anything from 1967 (as am I), this song refers to "easy yoga". :lol:

Picture if you will... :lol: a man sleeping well into the morning (perhaps the crack of noon)... his 'er chakra's are straight and he enters the velvety sleep paralysis mind/awake/body/asleep state and begins to see images of Elysian fields and hear a soft yet perfectly disembodied woman's voice.

Without losing his 'er marbles (almost though), he maintains composure and begins trance channeling a 6th density social memory complex known as "Phaedra" (not to be confused with Greek lore-as social memory complexes are known for their penchant for using 5th century mnemonic devices).

Anyhoo, "Phaedra" as they prefer to be called by those requiring names, dishes some tidbits of otherworldly advice to keep their victim suspended in occupation of higher thought while they quietly extract life-force in an econosmic even exchange.

Man awakes pleasurably in higher than usual creative state. Voila! 3 minute, one hit single. :lol:

Paul in Colorado
July 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I was thinking about that song recently. I haven't heard it in a gazillion years.

Bolide
July 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Interesting. As with anything from 1967 (as am I), this song refers to "easy yoga". :lol:

...begins to see images of Elysian fields and hear a soft yet perfectly disembodied woman's voice.

I did not know that, which is funny because I had kin who lived out by Elysian Fields in 1967, in fact they are who we got all our Nancy Sinatra records from :shock:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-4892135-map_of_elysian_fields_tx-i;_ylc=X3oDMTVkNTBtdjNpBF9TAzk3NDkwOTM5BGFkZ3JwAzI 4Njk1NTQ2NwRldnQDMTE1MzA1MDcEawNFbHlzaWFuIEZpZWxkc yBtYXAEb21tA0V4YWN0BHNlYwNrYgRzZW0DZ29vZ2xlBHNlbV9 hY3QDNDA2NTUyNjAwMARzZW1fYWR****4Njk1NTQ2NwRzZW1fY 21wAzExNTMwNTA3BHNlbV9rd2lkAzM3MTI3OTg1MDcEc2xrA3R pdGxl?sem=google

Coincidence :confused: I think not (no literally, I think not :oops:)

Telemarkman
July 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I'm definitely familiar with it, but I don't belive I've heard it since they played it on Radio 208 (Luxembourg). Was never my favorite though ... Was it creepy? I guess I should've listened to the words a little closer ...

Josť
July 14th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Great song, it's cool to hear about Phaedra in a hit record.