$vboptions[bbtitle]

Dr. Scientist Tremolessence - Any Experience Out There?

SpiderWeb
July 6th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm looking for a tremolo pedal that is as close to the Swart amp/tube tremolo as one can get from a pedal. The Dr. Scientist Tremolessence was recommended to me. Does anyone here at TDPRI have any experience with the Dr. Scientist Tremolessence, or recommendations that would be closer to what I'm looking for? TIA

klasaine
July 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have one that I love - really versatile and made well. It's the first version w/o a volume control (and only 3 knobs and 2 switches).
I primarily use it for more of the 'choppy' sci-fi trem but it will get fairly 'fendery' vintage.

nic'o'caster
July 6th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I also own the first version of the Tremolessence (3 knobs and 2 switches). I was really looking for this version since I don't need 6 pots on a tremolo pedal... I have to say I love it : it does the classic Fender trem but also the choppy thing. It sounds more natural and less thick than my old Demeter Tremulator it replaced on my board. The Demeter is great but the Tremolessence is more versatile.

SpiderWeb
July 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I have been listening to sound samples and watching You Tube comparisons of the Diamond, Dr. Scientist, the Catalinbread, the Demeter and the Supa Trem and if I can rely on sound samples I seem to be leaning toward the Supa Trem...I'm not sure which way to go...

nic'o'caster
July 7th, 2011, 06:08 AM
The Supa is fantastic too and now even less expensive than the new Tremolessence. Moreover it offers more control with the foot (3 switches and 2 big knobs), so does the Diamond too. The Tremolessence was closer to my philosophy of less is more ;) with a smaller footprint.