$vboptions[bbtitle]

How to Cover up Scratches on tele bodie?

telesmith
June 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I plain to dye it bLACK To help .It is Basswood about 5 marks 3/4 long

I try the blue dye it didn't cover. Any tips ??? :rolleyes: thanks Brenda

e-merlin
June 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Bodie is a proper name.

The word you're looking for is body.

telesmith
June 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
It's bodies I got 2 now i want to fix.But thanks any tips

Drunkinminer
June 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM
you are Dying your tele bodies. Everyone I know paint or spray them.

Just saying.

Colt W. Knight
June 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I plain to dye it bLACK To help .It is Basswood about 5 marks 3/4 long

I try the blue dye it didn't cover. Any tips ??? :rolleyes: thanks Brenda

You can't really cover up a scratch ( unless you put a sticker over or something), you have to sand it or buff them out. If the scratch is actually in the wood you need to sand it out. If it is a really deep scratch, dampen the scratched area with a little water and lay a damp paper towel over the scratch, then iron it with a clothes iron. This will raise the wood grain fibers. Then resand the area. A lot of times this will remove deep scratches.

If the scratches are in the paint, you can usually buff them out with automotive rubbing compounds. If they are really deep, you have to refinish or repair the finish depending on what type of finish you have.

telesmith
June 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mr. Knight for your help. I will try this out

Not everyone spray & paint. Someone on this forum told me about woodcraft to buy Dye cheap ""i want to thanks that person. Also stewmac sell guitar dye also place call ranch 'not sure of the name "also sell dye for guitar.Check it out you get a very nice look with dye and it's very easy.
Brenda

Colt W. Knight
June 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks Mr. Knight for your help. I will try this out

Not everyone spray & paint. Someone on this forum told me about woodcraft to buy Dye cheap ""i want to thanks that person. Also stewmac sell guitar dye also place call ranch 'not sure of the name "also sell dye for guitar.Check it out you get a very nice look with dye and it's very easy.
Brenda

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from Brenda?

telesmith
June 5th, 2011, 09:44 PM
NJ

scraggles
June 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I personally haven't seen basswood dyed. I wonder if there is a reason.

Colt W. Knight
June 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I personally haven't seen basswood dyed. I wonder if there is a reason.

Most likely because it is a super plain looking wood without much grain to look at.

skipjackrc4
June 6th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Most likely because it is a super plain looking wood without much grain to look at.

And because it usually will come out splotchy.

Colt W. Knight
June 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM
And because it usually will come out splotchy.

Most woods will come out splotchy if you dye the bare wood. Thats why I use tinted lacquer instead.