R. Keeley Wah DC Jack w/ Supply Filter

June 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

I have seen a lot of Wah questions lately, but none that covered this one.

I was thinking of having my Cry Baby modified by Robert Keeley for true bypass (not the one with all the bells and whistles, just true bypass). I notice they offer what is called a "Wah DC Jack w/ Supply Filter" for $30. Does anyone know exactly what this is and does? My Cry Baby is kind of noisey (unwanted hum and static) through my Blues Junior, so hoping this might be a special jack to help reduce that noise.

I emailed Robert Keeley, but did not receive a response and don't have time to call them on work hours. My feeling is that if this jack does not do what I want it to, it may make more sense to just purchase a Modtone Vintage Way for $60 to get the true bypass versus sending mine out to have the work done.


Al Watsky
June 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I have a wah with that keeley mod AFAIK its a filter for the power supply and will not effect the sound in any way. Its for the cry babies that don't have a power supply input.
Don't think it will help your noise problem.

June 5th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks Al W.! Appreciate the info.