$vboptions[bbtitle]

Am I loco...

txspreacher
January 21st, 2005, 11:00 AM
...or is there some type of pedal/effect that allows a guitar to simulate a bass? Would like to lay down some simple bass-lines on some home recordings once in awhile. Anybody familiar with this? Am I better off buying a cheap bass?

Fret Wilkes
January 21st, 2005, 12:54 PM
I actually played bass for a set on my guitar once when the bass player was late.

At the time I was using an octave divider that adds a synth note 1 octave lower that the note being played. I just turned the mix control totally to the effect...instant bass...if a bit rubbery. I wouldn't want to do it regularly, but it worked in a pinch.

Fret

TB72
January 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
If you select the "1 Octave Down" setting, and have the pedal in the toe-down position, the whammy pedal will give you a usable bass tone with a guitar. It tracks pretty well too.

Later...

txspreacher
January 21st, 2005, 01:23 PM
[/quote]If you select the "1 Octave Down" setting, and have the pedal in the toe-down position, the whammy pedal will give you a usable bass tone with a guitar. It tracks pretty well too.

I wondered about that. Could use a good whammy effect, anyway. I knew there were pedals that would change octaves, but your use of the word "usable" was the trick. I didn't know if it was all just moog-like sounds or got a good bass tone. Any recommendations for a good whammy pedal?

txspreacher
January 21st, 2005, 01:25 PM
I try to get all fancy and see what happens? Sorry for the funky lookin' post...LOL!