$vboptions[bbtitle]

No more radius for me!!

deaconque
April 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to share my joy with everyone. I just finished a guitar and during the build process I decided to build the neck without any fretboard radius. I kept all of the other neck dimensions standard except the fretboard. To my surprise the fretboard is very comfortable, chords well and obviously bends very well. I like it so much I think most of my necks from now on will have this unusual feature:lol:. As a bonus, it also saves me the trouble/extra work/jigs/etc. of having to do a radius. Just thought I'd share my findings :wink:

Axe Slinger 7
April 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I've wondered about doing that since I once played a narrow-width neck classical guitar with a flat fretboard that felt quite comfortable actually. May just put that on my summer project list!

spauldingrules
April 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Why not try a concave neck? That's the next logical step!

cband7
April 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Why not try a concave neck? That's the next logical step!

and I thought this was just some clean freak polishing all the time!!

BigDaddyLH
April 28th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Interesting. When I noodle on classical guitar, the flat fingerboard feels fine to me -- maybe because that's they way those guitars always are. When are you going to try a 2-inch-wide nut?

Greg M
April 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
cband70, I don't have anything to add to the OT, but I thought I would remark on the redundancy in your signature from Sharon Osbourne. :lol:

deaconque
April 28th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Interesting. When I noodle on classical guitar, the flat fingerboard feels fine to me -- maybe because that's they way those guitars always are. When are you going to try a 2-inch-wide nut?

I'll leave the 2" nut to the classical guys:lol:. The weird thing is that because of the flat radius, the neck actually feels wider even though it is standard width.

whodatpat
April 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM
cband70, I don't have anything to add to the OT, but I thought I would remark on the redundancy in your signature from Sharon Osbourne. :lol:

Now thats just mean.