$vboptions[bbtitle]

Money no object: best tuners?

MJB
May 31st, 2003, 12:07 PM
Well, money is always an object, but you know what I mean...

If you guys could by a set of any tuners in the world for your Telecaster, what would they be?

Thanks!

Martin

Kevin
May 31st, 2003, 02:11 PM
I really like the Gotoh Klusons; they're lightweight, have a higher ratio than the old ones, don't have tons of backlash like the old ones, and are pretty simple...

As far as sealed tuners, you can't go wrong with a set of Schaller M6's. I don't like the Sperzel lockers, or the Schaller lockers cos of the wheel on the bottom -- and the weight. I've got a set of Grover top-lockers on my new strat that are real nice, though.

I guess it's hard to say; it depends on the guitar, but in most cases, I'd go with the Gotoh Klusons. BTW, you can do a "wrap-lock" with those that will pretty much eliminate slippage if you use a trem...

Wally
May 31st, 2003, 03:12 PM
I still like Grovers. I prefer Sperzels, and there is a non-locking version that reduces weight and bulk. We don't need no stinking locking tuners on our teles! There are several good replica-Kluson types out there....just don't get the cheap ones or the square-box Schallers.
The non-locking Sperzels list at $55....street price??? Grovers in the same range.

Kit
June 1st, 2003, 01:43 AM
But...Can you put them on a Tele?

Kit
---
Inner Twang