$vboptions[bbtitle]

My Timmy V2 on eBay

stechmann
February 26th, 2011, 02:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-Cochrane-Timmy-Overdrive-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-/260743769793?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3cb58a2ec1

smoss469
February 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Please tell me you didn't get on the list for the sole purpose of flipping it....

TDPRI
February 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Please tell me you didn't get on the list for the sole purpose of flipping it....

Obviously, with 187 posts here he didn't.

Simple Ebay link posts are perfectly within the rules here.

rolling56
February 26th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Would appear that way plus there is a classified section here...

Durtdog
February 26th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I think smoss is commenting on the fact that the auction is for a "new" pedal, and was wondering if stechmann got on the waiting list for the Timmy just to flip it.

Unadan
February 26th, 2011, 10:42 AM
According to Paul C there is no "V1 or V2" of the Timmy. All of them utilize the same circuit and sound the same.

BootRoots
February 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I wouldt be surprised if most of the people on the list try to flip it. Why wouldnt you when there is a large group of impatient people willing to pony up extra dough for instant gratification? Same thing with the KoT etc.

Chiogtr4x
February 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I wouldt be surprised if most of the people on the list try to flip it. Why wouldnt you when there is a large group of impatient people willing to pony up extra dough for instant gratification? Same thing with the KoT etc.

I'm not e-bay savy, what does "flipping it" mean? thanks!

studio1087
February 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not e-bay savy, what does "flipping it" mean? thanks!

Buying something with the intention of quickly selling it to make a fast buck.

Chiogtr4x
February 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Buying something with the intention of quickly selling it to make a fast buck.

got it, thanks!

smoss469
February 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
According to Paul C there is no "V1 or V2" of the Timmy. All of them utilize the same circuit and sound the same.

V1 and V2 are 'unofficial' terms. V1 has the switches on the inside, V2 has the switch on the outside.

And yes, I mean got on the Timmy waiting list for the sole purposes of buying 1 just to resell for a higher price.

Nub
February 26th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Circuit is the same, but the recent V2 has an external toggle switch instead of the internal DIP switches of the V1.

EDIT: Dang, too slow on the keyboard! :mrgreen:

http://timmyoverdrive.com/timmy-od.jpg

smoss469
February 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Circuit is the same, but the recent V2 has an external toggle switch instead of the internal DIP switches of the V1.

EDIT: Dang, too slow on the keyboard! :mrgreen:

http://timmyoverdrive.com/timmy-od.jpg

No worries. You had a pic and I didn't.

I own a Timmy and a Tim. Paul makes great stuff. I'd love to see him expand his offerings but being a 1 man show that would really add to the wait list for his pedals!

Unadan
February 26th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Does the Tim sound much different than the Timmy? I have the Timmy and am on the waiting list for the Tim. I figure for the price, what the heck.

smoss469
February 26th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Without the boost side on, they sound the same. The boost side isn't so much of a standard boost. Output doesn't go up, but it adds more dirt.

I run my Tim with the boost on all the time. The boost doesn't do anything on it's own but when I turn the Tim on it's got more gain on tap.

stechmann
February 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
:lol:

johnnykf
February 27th, 2011, 10:23 PM
While we're on the subject, I have a Tim and the tone control for the boost function doesn't seem to do much. Is this normal?