$vboptions[bbtitle]

So I installed a set of Fender Original Vintage pickups in my MIM Tele....

dcooper830
January 8th, 2011, 03:55 AM
So I got this Midnight Wine color MIM Tele a few weeks ago and I really love the way it plays. It has a really nice feeling neck, low action, very little fret buzz and solid intonation.

It even feels a little smoother and nicer than my American Special Tele (which I still LOVE).

I even liked the way it sounded except it was too dark. Seriously.... my Les Pauls even have more high end than this thing.

So I tried replacing the 250K volume pot with a 500K pot. It made no difference.

So I went ahead and bought a set of Fender Original Vintage Telecaster pickups.

I just got done installing them a couple hours ago and WOW!!!!

They really knock it out of the park!! This MIM Tele seriously sounds AMAZING now!! Beautiful clarity! Glassy non-harsh high end...... but still with plenty of mids and lows.

It sounds as great as my '52 AVRI Tele as far as I can tell.... without doing serious A/B-ing.

I'm in complete AWE!!

Here it is (photo was taken before upgrade..... but of course, the pickups look the same). :mrgreen: This is one MONSTER Tele now!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/davecooper36/Gear%20Pics%202011/DSC05674.jpg

Sleph
January 8th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I love happy endings...... (unconditionally!?)

mellecaster
January 8th, 2011, 08:33 AM
So I went ahead and bought a set of Fender Original Vintage Telecaster pickups.

It sounds as great as my '52 AVRI Tele as far as I can tell.... without doing serious A/B-ing.

Kinda makes you wonder about all the Vintage Bridge/Saddles....Nitro finish...Swamp Ash Posts....Don't it ??.......:wink:

RebelTwang
January 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Yup, the OV's sound great! I got a Hwy 1 TX tele back in September, I liked the way the guitar played but I didn't like the stock pickups. They sounded OK but the bridge pickup wasn't twangy enough for me. I put a set of OV's in it and now it sounds like a tele should!

musicmatty
January 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Kinda makes you wonder about all the Vintage Bridge/Saddles....Nitro finish...Swamp Ash Posts....Don't it ??.......:wink:

You make me laugh my Arse off:lol::lol::lol:

eggman
January 8th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Howdy,

DCooper830: Those are good P/Us; enjoy!

sjtalon
January 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
come on man, where's the "update" youtube !

HNPUD DC !

oh, beating this to death but do you have any 4 way switches in your Tele's?

Jimo
January 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
:lol:Kinda makes you wonder about all the Vintage Bridge/Saddles....Nitro finish...Swamp Ash Posts....Don't it ??.......:wink:

Well, pickups aren't the only thing that matter...just 98%......:lol: