$vboptions[bbtitle]

A Happy Band Story

sax4blues
January 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Our band is more of a social club practice band but we do play 4-5 gigs a year. We get together Tuesday nights, play a wide range of songs and just have fun. Six months ago our bass player Mike quit due to hand/tendon problems and we got a new guy John. John is more what I would say semi-pro, Nashville recording experience, touring when younger. Needless to say John's playing really helped our band sound great.

Well last night John walks in 45 minutes late, no gear, and says he is going to another band. No hard feelings and I'm not really surprised, he wants to gig and play at a higher level.

So I contacted our old bass player and he wants to come back. He got a short scale bass and physical therapy and is now playing without stress/pain. In 12 hours I went from down in the dumps to on top of the clouds. Mike has the same ambitions (quite low) as the rest of the group and we won't miss a beat. :grin:

telepicker52
January 5th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Excellent! Sounds like better chemistry w/ Mike in the band anyhow.

Stickyfingers
January 5th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Great...folks always say that when one door closes another opens...you just went in and out of the same door...

Stickyfingers
January 5th, 2011, 11:01 PM
...or out and in...

Dave Hopping
January 5th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Or to quote Steve Buscemi in character as Carl Showalter-the old in and out.
Good deal,guys.

blue metalflake
January 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Peace and harmony within, and common goals/desires, are sometimes the most important in any band.