$vboptions[bbtitle]

Do all boys rooms smell like stinky feet and sweaty funk?

dragonfly66
November 13th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I'm staying with my cousin and I have the good fortune of sleeping in her son's room who is in college across town (he comes home for the week-ends). The room has an oder that combines stinky feet and sweaty funk. He has an older brother who is out of the house now, but I remember his brother's room smelling like that too.

I'm just wondering what is up with the smell and is this the smell of every teen-aged boys room?

Has anyone seen the Frabreeze commercial where the teenage boy has invited a girl over and his mother comes into his room and says something like you can't have the room like this when she comes over and proceeds to Frabreeze his room. I bet his room smelled like stinky feet and sweaty funk. :razz:

Stuco
November 13th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Pretty much, yes. If they are in charge of keeping it clean then the likelyhood/smell goes up even more.

StephenX
November 13th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Mine still does. I've been wondering how to get rid of that odor.

yark14
November 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM
We work hard at create that smell. From age 8-18 I bought super secret air 'fresheners' on the black market. Please don't tell my mom.

tazzboy
November 13th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah It does unfortunately.

jwsamuel
November 13th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Only if they are normal boys.

jay_mci
November 13th, 2010, 01:25 AM
That's just the smell of mojo :lol:

boneyguy
November 13th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Yeah there's a definite stank alrighty. I sometimes help a buddy out who manages an apartment building and whenever we have to enter a suite that has male occupants in their early 20's the stank is there.

When I smoked I couldn't smell the horrible odour of cigaretes. After I had quit for a while I could smell the awful stink a mile away. I think 'teenage boy stank' works the same way. They don't smell it. We do.

flyingbanana
November 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM
That's just the smell of mojo :lol:

Haha. Nice one. :lol:

3 Chord
November 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
If you let your kids keep shoes and dirty laundry it thier room, the room will stink.

Virgman
November 13th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Wash all the bedding (sheets, blankets, comforter. pillows, etc.). Change the sheets weekly. Wash everything else every two weeks.

Wash or dispose of any throw rugs. If you've got wall-to-wall then shampoo the carpet.

I know that smell. Yuck.

hannigan
November 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Girls rooms smell like candy .

gogirlguitars
November 13th, 2010, 02:33 PM
dragonfly - I think it's the teenage testosterone, it really smells "unusual" to some women, then again some love it...or they say they do. It's the same a men's toilets...urgghhh, it's acrid like cat pee. Maybe they think our toilets smell funny?

I think some men smell stronger than others. I have been into some lovely guys homes (they are gay), and everything is gorgeous..cleanliness maybe?

tiktok
November 13th, 2010, 03:54 PM
It's the same a men's toilets...urgghhh, it's acrid like cat pee. Maybe they think our toilets smell funny?

Well, yes. They tend to smell like perfume and hand moisturizer. My experience is that women pee on the floor less then men.

emu!
November 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM
We all smell, don't we?

I don't remember much from my teenage years. But I remember I could sense Grandma and Grandpa's house with my eyes closed. The school hallways had a noticable odor. So did the VFW.

Opossum Man
November 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I'm staying with my cousin and I have the good fortune of sleeping in her son's room who is in college across town (he comes home for the week-ends). The room has an oder that combines stinky feet and sweaty funk. He has an older brother who is out of the house now, but I remember his brother's room smelling like that too.

I'm just wondering what is up with the smell and is this the smell of every teen-aged boys room?

Has anyone seen the Frabreeze commercial where the teenage boy has invited a girl over and his mother comes into his room and says something like you can't have the room like this when she comes over and proceeds to Frabreeze his room. I bet his room smelled like stinky feet and sweaty funk. :razz:

Just get the old sheets and socks out of the room. That should improve the matter.

studio1087
November 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Only if they are normal boys.

We must be weird. 2 boys. One has a Russian Turtle and the other has a huge fish tank. Both play sports. Their rooms smell really clean.

You have to train them to take nasty gym socks to the laundry room......it helps. (-:

rcole_sooner
November 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
One word, Febreze.

OtherTom
November 13th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Ooofaa! What didn't smell like old funk smelled like Axe cologne. Not sure what was worse.
After my stepson moved out for college, we pretty much threw out all the bedding and leftover clothes. Then sprayed the room with Fabreze every day for a month.

Mr.Reed
November 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Never smelt funny in my room. Keep it clean, and keep a window open every now and then to let in fresh air.

StephenX
November 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I was looking for Redd's monologue on "funk" but it's not there.

Close second here
RnfflRNpwKA

napawino
November 13th, 2010, 05:51 PM
My old room always smelled like weed.

jonzer
November 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Febreze is amazing stuff. Teenage boys rooms will stink like socks. When I was a teenager I'd wear the same pair of socks for two weeks and then I'd hide them in my brother's pillowcase. He'd complain how his room stunk like socks and he'd wash everything in there and then complain how when he laid down he could still smell socks. He finally figured it out.
Over 20 years later and he still complains about that one.