$vboptions[bbtitle]

Low volume up the fretboard

cpd73mc
October 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I have a Squier Affinity Fat Strat that seems to have low volume on the high E and B strings as I go past about the 8th fret.. I know its a cheap guitar and I have tried adjusting the pups, intonation, etc. Any suggestions? I have 10's on it.

I am thinking of unloading it on CL and getting either a MIM Strat to go with my MIM Tele or perhaps a Squier CV Strat. Would appreciate any feedback on the choices.

Barfly
October 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
You could try heavy top light bottom 11s ,10s are borderline to skinny on a strat for me.Maybe a different brand of strings?May help not sure.If you have too much releif in the neck maybe the higher frets are hampering string vibration?8th fret would be close to the deepest part of the relief. Guessing here.Could just be a trait of that particular strat

cpd73mc
October 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks Barfly. I've got the D'Adarrio 10's on it now but next time I change strings I'll try what you said. I have to say up front that I am just learning to play outside of first position so this is the first I have noticed the lower volume. I may just not have the setup correct yet also. Thanks for the help.