$vboptions[bbtitle]

Ordered an OC Duff Pickup for neck

lukeness
October 29th, 2004, 01:10 PM
I talked with Owen Duffy thru emails several times... and he said he can deliver the goods and tone (relatively) I'm looking for.

Most important for me was how he potted. I normally use a lot of gain at gigs... so I needed it to be quiet. No microphonics. He assured me of it. Nice guy... and cheap.

They'll be here in less than 2 weeks.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

microphonic squeal
October 29th, 2004, 02:16 PM
...Most important for me was how he potted. I normally use a lot of gain at gigs... so I needed it to be quiet. No microphonics. He assured me of it. Nice guy... and cheap.

Hi Luke,
Almost everyone agrees with you. So, please excuse a contrary opinion. It is just me.

70's telecasters had some of the most microphonic pickups of all time, and look at what they are going for with original pups now.

I remember the first time (1974) I bought a tele and plugged it into my Marshal stack. Ouch! I wish I still had that telecaster.

There is nothing like a tele with microphonic pickups turned down just below breaking into an ear piercing squeal! The margin of error is narrow, but this is most alive, unduplicated sound a guitar can make. Try modeling that on your Variax. :idea:

This opinion has no redeeming value