$vboptions[bbtitle]

Wheels

troy2003
October 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I am looking for the tab "Wheels" An old instrumental,the Ventures did it and some other groups.Sure would appreciate it,thanks in advance.

DDK65JAG
October 12th, 2010, 12:06 AM
troy2003.....One of my favorite tunes. I'm not familiar with the Ventures
version, I've tabbed out the (I believe) original version by the String-A-longs.
It's in the Powertab format. After seeing your request, I went back &
listened to my tab & realized i have to polish up the second guitar part. PM
me with your e-mail addr. & I'll send you a copy (probably Wed.)

Den

Rocker Gramps
October 12th, 2010, 04:01 AM
troy2003, Wheels, I think, was originally done by Billy Vaughn.Other groups joined in later, including The Shadows. I have their version on tabs for you, it's in "F" changing key to "G". Also one of my favourite tunes. I'll need your e-mail address to post a copy.

troy2003
October 12th, 2010, 07:46 AM
eggentroy@yahoo.com. Thanks so much guys,appreciate it!

Wally
October 13th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Wheels....indeed by The Stringalongs from Plainview, Texas. The Torres brothers from LIttlefield, Tx were associated. I remember when I was about 12, one of the Torres brothers, who lived in my neighborhood, had a pet crow who would sit on his shoulder, fly around and return to him.
I have played the song all of my life, almost. I have it in simplified staff form but not in tab. Sorry.

troy2003
October 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Wheels....indeed by The Stringalongs from Plainview, Texas. The Torres brothers from LIttlefield, Tx were associated. I remember when I was about 12, one of the Torres brothers, who lived in my neighborhood, had a pet crow who would sit on his shoulder, fly around and return to him.
I have played the song all of my life, almost. I have it in simplified staff form but not in tab. Sorry.

I'll take a shot at the staff form if you got it. I love this little tune.My uncles always played it in their band,lot of fond memories.

Wally
October 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I'll have to get a picture of it, and then I'll shoot it your way. It is a simple, basic version...butit will get you started. Plus, you get a reading lesson, right?

troy2003
October 13th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Exactly--two birds with one stone!

DDK65JAG
October 14th, 2010, 04:20 PM
troy2003...Did you receive the Powertab version I sent you? Darned computer routed it
through Verizon instead of my normal MSN e-mail.

Den

troy2003
October 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM
troy2003...Did you receive the Powertab version I sent you? Darned computer routed it
through Verizon instead of my normal MSN e-mail.

Den

No I didn't get it yet