June 5th, 2010, 05:43 AM
So, I'm a french guy and I found this forum by looking some info on my special telecaster, but unlucky in order to sale it.
And to be honnest, It was the guitar of my father that I didn't play cause
I'm a bassist.
I've got a fender telecaster custom shop set neck Junior made in 1995.
I also use a fender twin.
Here the guitar :
June 5th, 2010, 07:43 AM
That's a pretty cool hybrid.
Bienvenue, and thanks for sharing.
The Fender Tele Jr. (pronounced "Telly Junior") is a variant of the Fender Telecaster electric guitar, produced in a limited run of 100 by the Fender Custom Shop in the early 1990s. While its body shape and scale length are those of the Telecaster, many of its construction and electronic features are more similar to those of a Gibson Les Paul electric guitar.
* The neck is set-in (i.e. glued), while most Fender electric guitars' necks are bolted on.
* The body and neck are mahogany, while most Fender electric guitars' bodies are alder, ash, or poplar and most Fender necks are maple.
* The magnetic pickups are P-90 single-coil pickups, which are used on some Gibson guitars such as the Les Paul Jr. but are rarely used on Fender guitars.
* The switching and tone-control electronics operate identically to those of a standard Telecaster: The 3-way switch allows use of the pickups singly or together, and the volume control and tone control each affects the combined output signal.
* The scale length is the Fender-standard 25.5" while most Gibson guitars have a scale length of 24.75".
* The body is chambered; some Gibson models are chambered but virtually no Fender models are.
* The entire guitar (except for the fretboard) has a glossy finish. Most Fender necks have a satin finish while most Gibson necks (including the headstock and neck joint) have the same glossy finish as the rest of the guitar.
* The non-tremolo fixed bridge is the same model as that used on non-tremolo Fender Stratocaster guitars.
* The pickguard is different from the ordinary Telecaster's.
June 5th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Hi thanks a lot,
I also found a thread where are some tele set neck Jr and found some info on it.
This forum is a great bank of information about tellys !
June 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Very cool tele fc. Welcome to the forum.
June 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Enjoy the forum.....:lol: