$vboptions[bbtitle]

longtime lurker from the Mississippi River Delta

gloomy_orion
June 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
i've been lurking on these forums so long, i could've swore i was a registered member!
My primary guitars are an Olson dreadnaught and a 62 Jazzmaster. the Jazzmaster goes into a Vox AC30CC2X by way of a fulltone OCD, zvex fuzzprobe, Electro Harmonix HOG, and in the effects loop, a Morley Little Alligator, Boss TR2 Trem, DMB Lunar Echo, Line 6 DL4, and a Malekko Chicklet.
I've been in a couple of touring rock bands, lots of worship teams, i've busked, worked in the studios, etc. I've been in what i hesitate to call a rut of playing post-rock and noise music, and doing ambient stuff for film soundtracks.
HOWEVER, i miss just playing the guitar straight, and want to start writing moody, dark, reverb-drenched 50s inspired pop-music. so now we come to the Tele:
I've thought Tele's sound so great through the AC30, and have decided to take the plunge and get one. I've been cruising this forum to help me make my decision.
I've decided i'm getting the Squier CV 50s, for sure, hopefully this month.
i would love to learn how to do all of the traditional styles that are associated with Teles like chicken-pickin' and country swing (i mean, who DOESN'T want to be Bill Kircher?), but i think my primary music will always be noisy and a good deal left of center ;)
there's my intro--looking forward to the conversations to follow!

irishjim
June 3rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the site and good choice on the CV 50's picked one up myself a few weeks ago ya won't regret it

gloomy_orion
June 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the site and good choice on the CV 50's picked one up myself a few weeks ago ya won't regret it
Thanks, irishjim! i'll post some sounds after i get her and maybe we can compare notes. did you keep her stock?

kidmo
June 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Howdy gloomy and welcome! Got a cv50 myself with lollars. Done looking. Have fun!

gloomy_orion
June 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Howdy gloomy and welcome! Got a cv50 myself with lollars. Done looking. Have fun!
thanks! mind sharing the model of Lollars? i am going for the '52 vibe.

Nighthawk
June 3rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome to TDPRI.

tgfmike
June 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Welcome gloomy.

irishjim
June 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Kept it completely stock tempted to get a slightly hotter neck pickup but other than that it's perfect for the tone i want

FrankJames
June 3rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Welcome to TDPRI !!

Fatmanstratman
June 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/fatmanstratman/TDPRIWelcomeLady.jpg

Enjoy the forum.....:lol: