$vboptions[bbtitle]

fate of Waylons guitar

rubbersole
May 28th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I understand that Nicole Kidman purchased Waylons old 50's nocaster for a birthday gift for husband Keith Urban and I did see him do a version of "Are you sure Hank done it this way" on youtube.
I just read today that he (Urban) lost all of his guitars, amps, equipment stored in a storage facility, in the recent flooding in Nashville.
Can someone please tell me that Waylons guitar was not in that storage facility and is o.k.?

mrmorrison
May 28th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Waylon's guitar was not in that storage facility and is ok. I cannot verify this information at all, but I wanted to make you feel better. :wink:

ecsong187
May 28th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Keith lost all of his gear.
When I saw him on the Brooks and Dunn special on Sunday, he didn't have his signature Hiwatt heads or vintage WEM cabs.
Also looked like he was playing his K-Line tele, not one of his vintage pieces.
-edwin

Gringo13
May 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I just twice threw up in my mouth... First, because of the thought of Waylon's Broadcaster being destroyed. Second, because of the idea of Keith Urban playing it. I do know Hank didn't do it HIS way. Now excuse me while I retreat to a corner to assume the fetal position.

all_identaties_taken
May 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I just twice threw up in my mouth... First, because of the thought of Waylon's Broadcaster being destroyed. Second, because of the idea of Keith Urban playing it. I do know Hank didn't do it HIS way. Now excuse me while I retreat to a corner to assume the fetal position.

You and me both a nice watery grave would be preferable than pop country crapola.

Breen
May 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Old country is going the way of the blues and jazz, and crapola country is here to stay. It will continue to evolve the way the Nashville sound came with the violins and 80s drums and changed to our modern bad rock and good pop.

Ironic one of old country's hallmarks, Chet Atkins, is responsible for the Nashville Sound.

Mark Davis
May 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
The last I heard Waylons old guitar was owned by Reggie Young. So if he still has it its in good hands.

oilerman
May 28th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Actually the guitar was sold for 98 thousand by reggie and nicole did buy it for kieth. If you do a search on youtube on waylon there is a posting on the auction.

fezz parka
May 28th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I don't think that was his #1 that Reggie had. Methinks Shooter has the #1.

oilerman
May 28th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think that was his #1 that Reggie had. Methinks Shooter has the #1.

the one keith played has the black pick guard,so i'm not sure just which one he has. btw was waylon's # 1 not the one with the white pick guard?
don't know how to post the link off of youtube on that auction.

Blazer
May 28th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Shooter Jennings also still owns one of his dad's old teles. It was featured in that music video of Roger Alan Wade's "The first time I saw Waylon" where Wade plays it.

mFfkgSAf__g

blargfromspace
May 28th, 2010, 11:14 PM
This Nashville flood thing sounds terrible. If I am to believe what I have read then every big name artist kept their gear there, including peices of historic significance. Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.

Tele-Dave
May 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Old country is going the way of the blues and jazz, and crapola country is here to stay. It will continue to evolve the way the Nashville sound came with the violins and 80s drums and changed to our modern bad rock and good pop.

Ironic one of old country's hallmarks, Chet Atkins, is responsible for the Nashville Sound.

I've always believed that the country crapola bunch was rock guitarists that could not make it in rock and roll, so they took the easy way out and went country.

Gosh, anyone can play a 12 bar blues and throw in a few generic riffs.

Rock and roll takes some inovation and thought plus good coordination to be any good.

JMO::::::::::::::Dave

smitty54017
May 29th, 2010, 11:19 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bill Hullett
May 30th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Tele-Dave said..."I've always believed that the country crapola bunch was rock guitarists that could not make it in rock and roll, so they took the easy way out and went country."

WRONG!

Bill Hullett

cousinpaul
May 30th, 2010, 01:36 AM
I've always believed that the country crapola bunch was rock guitarists that could not make it in rock and roll, so they took the easy way out and went country.

Rock and roll takes some inovation and thought plus good coordination to be any good.

That's hilarious! If anyone's looking for an easy way out, they won't find it here. JMHO...

ecsong187
May 30th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I believe that Brad Paisley and Keith Urban would be considered country crapola to some people.
I would like to see them outplay BP or KU. They are both killer guitarists.
-edwin

Old Mr. Wilson
May 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Both BP and KU are excellent guitarists, but I'd certainly give the nod to Brad.

Keith sounded GREAT doing the Rolling Stones songs......it's just that when he does "his" songs (or somebody's songs that people pay/force him to do), he sounds just terrible.

I'll agree, most of the stuff called "country" now-a-days is just gut wrenching to listen to. Paisley has a few great songs and he is one bad ass tele player, I can tell you that.

refin
May 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM

:roll:

JKjr
May 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Can't stand the product coming from Nashville. But you could argue that it proves Chester was just as bad*ss at business as he was on guitar.

When much younger I never listened to country a la Tele Dave. Seems funny that these days the country I enjoy and respect is the stuff I blew off in my youth. There might be a reason that Hank is more popular than ever.

I once heard Mark Knopler say that there were more REAL guitar players per square foot in Nashville than anywhere else on earth with the possible exception of Rio, and being there was at once gratifying and humbling. Does anyone else see this as a great waste of talent?

motwang
May 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Just wanted to say Country Music is Great Music!!!!! How many of you country music haters know where Rocks version of the Ryman Auditorium or The Grand Old Opry OR Nashville (Music City) are located! All music has to be respected just by different people. Country, Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, and yes Rock and Roll all came from the same Place The Good old USA. GOD BLESS AMERICA, where we the people have the right to choose!!

TheTransient
May 30th, 2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VzEulip9Q

Trace Adkins - Honky Tonk Badonkadonk...

Is this the sort of "crapola" coming out of Nashville?
If so... I want none of it... and "crapola" it sure is!

I am not really big into the "Nashville" thing so I don't really know lol

fezz parka
May 30th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Tele-Dave said..."I've always believed that the country crapola bunch was rock guitarists that could not make it in rock and roll, so they took the easy way out and went country."

WRONG!

Bill Hullett

Yeah, it's the other way around. I don't like to judge guitarists playing ability, cuz we all do what we do, but the most humbling thing I've experienced was visiting Nashville and seeing great guitarists standing 10 deep waiting to get up and play. Some of the finest musicians in the world call Nashville home.

scantron81
May 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM

Nah, these guys start worship bands. :lol:

ecsong187
May 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I would never call country the easy way out.
I think that it is honestly one of the hardest styles to get down well.
I can play blues and classic rock all day, country is a totally diff. level of musicianship.
-edwin

scantron81
May 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I would never call country the easy way out.
... country is a totally diff. level of musicianship.
-edwin

I agree.

Before things get out of hand, we should distinguish between true "country" and not formulated stuff. Formulated stuff is "pop" and designed to be a "product." Country, just like most genre's of music has seen several formulas over the years. The trick is to not let each trend back a style into a corner (see: blues), then it becomes a "genre."

95% of what we hear on the radio is a pop product. The purpose is to sell ads, that is all. Personal enjoyment is a non factor. Set the hook (literally), and reel 'em in!

We can all agree that to find real music, and most any true thing, we must dig a little deeper and search a bit harder to find the real deal.

For my whole short life, I've noticed pretty much the same 3 or 4 chord progressions used on the radio. I noticed it on top 40 stations, then on country, now on R & B quite a bit. Classic rock stations have it too. All the modern pop progressions seem to rehash the same bits used since the 60's. Once I get back to the "big band" era, it's a little harder to find, but several progressions go all the way back to nearly 100 years ago. I can find this with my untrained ear, so I'm sure some of you guys on here can hear it all plain as day.

motwang
May 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I agree.

Before things get out of hand, we should distinguish between true "country" and not formulated stuff. Formulated stuff is "pop" and designed to be a "product." Country, just like most genre's of music has seen several formulas over the years. The trick is to not let each trend back a style into a corner (see: blues), then it becomes a "genre."

95% of what we hear on the radio is a pop product. The purpose is to sell ads, that is all. Personal enjoyment is a non factor. Set the hook (literally), and reel 'em in!

We can all agree that to find real music, and most any true thing, we must dig a little deeper and search a bit harder to find the real deal.

For my whole short life, I've noticed pretty much the same 3 or 4 chord progressions used on the radio. I noticed it on top 40 stations, then on country, now on R & B quite a bit. Classic rock stations have it too. All the modern pop progressions seem to rehash the same bits used since the 60's. Once I get back to the "big band" era, it's a little harder to find, but several progressions go all the way back to nearly 100 years ago. I can find this with my untrained ear, so I'm sure some of you guys on here can hear it all plain as day.

Each of us has our own perception of music, on that we must all agree, now does anyone have any notion of what happened to Waylon's Tele ???

Deacon Blue
May 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Each of us has our own perception of music, on that we must all agree, now does anyone have any notion of what happened to Waylon's Tele ???

No kidding. I backtracked to make sure I clicked on the right thread.

Jeff

Gringo13
May 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM

Shooter has Waylon's number one (white pickguard)
Reggie Young auctioned Waylon's '50 Blackguard Broadcaster (his #2 stage guitar)... bought by Nicole Kidman for Keith.
Keith kept most of his gear in Sound Check... storage facility near the Cumberland River.
There was horrific rains from the heavens... the rivers swelled and the land (and storage facility) was covered in water.
After that... it all gets fuzzy, but I am afraid.

Soooo.... all "Nashville Crapola" aside... and it sure as hell is CRRAAAAAP-OLA!... what's the scoop on the leatherbound blackguard?

Dave Hopping
May 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I know it's only rock and roll,but I like it.

Mightyaxeman
May 30th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure they lost their touring gear. Not the treasured stuff.

caytele
May 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Water is GOOD....Too much water is sooooo BAD...

Eric Ellis
May 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM
BP and KU are both fine guitar players, but I'd love to hear'em play with nothing between their Telecaster and amp but the cord.
Eric Ellis

twangstick
May 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM
You and me both a nice watery grave would be preferable than pop country crapola.

Me 3

Tele-Dave
May 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM

What I meant by "country crapola" stuff is like what scantron81 said, the formulated stuff, not real country.

Conway Twitty
Lester Flatt
Hank Williams

Now that's country

Grew up on WWVA radio station as a kid, and like country. The REAL Country, not this "POP" stuff that all you got to do is change the tempo a little, and some different lyrics and it will become "ROCK"

Honeymooned at Nashville and took in the shows at the Ryman and the G.O.O and loved every bit of it and went to several of the must see places.

It's just what is passed off as country today is not real country IMO.

Jerry2010
May 30th, 2010, 07:14 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA, where we the people have the right to choose!!

I'll give you the god bless America part,even though I'm an atheist, but what do we have the right to choose?
Don't give me that fundamentalist hyper-patriotic crap here , I don't want to hear it.

motwang
May 30th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'll give you the god bless America part,even though I'm an atheist, but what do we have the right to choose?
Don't give me that fundamentalist hyper-patriotic crap here , I don't want to hear it.

Sorry, just meant we can all enjoy our own music styles. No need to be hateful here. and I am Patriotic and proud of it, you are not, so big deal.

Bill Hullett
May 30th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Tele-Dave.....
The point I was trying to make with you is that you need to separate the "records you hate" from the "musicians that make those records" none of these guys are 2nd rate rock refugees........I can assure you that every session player (including myself) has been asked to play licks that we though didn't serve the song well, or help lift up a song with catchy riffs that probably didn't deserve to even be cut....BUT WITH THAT SAID all my session buddies have played (and continue to create) some of the best music when given the opportunity on the planet.....

JMHO

Bill Hullett

As far as Waylons leather blackguard....I have not heard, but it couldn't have taken on too much water, it already weighed in at about 12-13 lbs....:shock::lol: maybe the heaviest tele I've ever played!:lol: I'll try and find out though....

dog fart
May 30th, 2010, 08:49 PM
In the spirit of the thread, I hope that Waylon's guitar is safe and sound in a case under a bed. I don't care who's bed that is.
To comment on the side thread, I read an interview with Jeff Beck prob 20 years ago. He was talking about being in a recording studio in Nashville. One of the session guys was there and checked out Jeff's guitar. Jeff said "That cat could flat out play, I was happy to get out of that town. People there are scary good.
It's not the musicians that make crapola, it's the executives that pay them to play.

JohnnyCrash
May 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM

HAHAHA!!!

Or cover/tribute bands. Even KISS looks stupid in that makeup.

Amen brother (on atheism and on the trash talking of modern country)!

Just because some of us don't like Keith Urban's music doesn't mean it's "awful" or not "real country" - music's quality is based only on individual opinion (and unfortunately, record sales). The music business is a business first and foremost (it sucks but it's always been true).

If you want "real country," go support your local musicians - they need all the help they can get. That is the "right to choose" that never gets exercised enough. That is how some "fake" Aussie with "girly hair" got the stack of gold and money to afford Waylon's guitar.

In the end it's just a guitar - it could've been a human life drowning and lost. As long as we got Waylon's recordings, we haven't lost anything too important.

PS Jerry
As a fellow atheist (and non-Clapton fan), how is Clapton god? HAHA! Although I do enjoy his work on that Mayall Bluesbreakers album - pure mayhem and fantastic tone!

--

I am Patriotic and proud of it, you are not, so big deal.

Who said he aint?

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." - Albert Einstein, though I'd add that blind, reactionary nationalism is a disease.

To quote a founding father, American patriot, and critic of the bible: "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

We can all disagree and still get along... hell after all we're fans of Waylon, Telecasters, and TDPRI!

Let's all relax, take a breath, and count to ten...

Telegator
May 31st, 2010, 12:54 AM
Wow, this thread got way off track fast. I clicked to see what may have happened to Waylon's guitar and got schooled in religion, politics and musical taste (or lack there of).

I usually mind my own business but can we keep the thread hijacking down to minimum? Thanks in advance.

mellecaster
May 31st, 2010, 09:21 AM
Wow, this thread got way off track fast. I clicked to see what may have happened to Waylon's guitar and got schooled in religion, politics and musical taste (or lack there of).

I usually mind my own business but can we keep the thread hijacking down to minimum? Thanks in advance.

Yeah...I was kinda thinking along those same lines.....:roll:

prawnik
May 31st, 2010, 09:48 AM
I cannot stand most "pop" and I cannot think of one "country crapola" song I like (as opposed to the old-time country, which I love), BUT:

it is hard to play that sort of music well. Fans of that sort of music typically want a slick, glossy, flawless performance. Live, the fans want their favorite hits to sound just like the recording did.

That sort of music (basically background music) is rarely adventurous, but at the same the tolerance for error is very low. This means that country pop still requires a high level of technical skill to pull off.

Drunkinminer
May 31st, 2010, 09:51 AM

WRONG!

Bill Hullett

And John Mayer couldn't make it as a Blues guitarist so he went Pop. Sounds about right.

castpolymer
May 31st, 2010, 10:11 AM
Wow, political and religious in just 37 words. :wink:

markxander
May 31st, 2010, 10:51 AM

HA post of the year.

Robbie W
May 31st, 2010, 05:40 PM

Watch this and see if your opinion changes any.....

4SR17CnqJeA&feature=related

btj_Lr0huGM&feature=related

Guitharley
May 31st, 2010, 07:51 PM
I had a buddy that went to a Travis Tritt show..and he brought out a guitar case and said he had a treat for everyone and he was gonna play a song with Waylons Tele...Jesse had just given him? Maybe he has one.

Big John
June 1st, 2010, 04:48 AM
Just a thought but ....... will having your guitar in storage (presumably in a halfway decent case) and getting flooded be so bad as to ruin it ?
Surely the solid bodied ones can be dried and fixed no ?

Caffeine Patrol
June 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
Who said he aint?

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." - Albert Einstein, though I'd add that blind, reactionary nationalism is a disease.

To quote a founding father, American patriot, and critic of the bible: "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

To be fair, the poster you are referring to says he is patriotic, and you pull out a quote about nationalism; they are not the same thing.

And, no criticism of Thomas Paine intended,many people have done a lot of evil with what they considered to be good intentions.

"If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life." Henry David Thoreau

Wingherder
June 7th, 2010, 01:53 PM
[/QUOTE] Bill Hullett

As far as Waylons leather blackguard....I have not heard, but it couldn't have taken on too much water, it already weighed in at about 12-13 lbs....:shock::lol: maybe the heaviest tele I've ever played!:lol: I'll try and find out though....[/QUOTE]

Just wonder if anybody has actually found out if the blackguard was a flood victim.............

SnidelyWhiplash
June 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
" Country " guitarists are some of the most technical players out there.
It runs the gamut of all playing styles. Hank Garland & Grady Martin as
well as the tele slingers.

I hate blanket statements.

:smile:

eoshreds
June 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Watch this and see if your opinion changes any.....

4SR17CnqJeA&feature=related

btj_Lr0huGM&feature=related

WOW! That sure looks easy! Failed rock musicians are pretty good.

RiverDog
June 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM
In case anyone wants to see what water does to instruments:

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/section/videonetwork?bctid=84638770001

boris bubbanov
June 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Just a thought but ....... will having your guitar in storage (presumably in a halfway decent case) and getting flooded be so bad as to ruin it ?
Surely the solid bodied ones can be dried and fixed no ?

John, I never played one down here that had gotten wet, that I'd want to own, even after extensive restoration.

I know this was a much shorter period of immersion but things just happen to these guitars; whatever made them exceptional is almost always lost.

I'm just glad Shooter still has the main guitar. Looking at all the ruined guitars in this clip is really more than I can handle.

I wonder how the people who had a major role in the decision to demolish the Hall of Fame building are feeling right now. :sad:

Big John
June 14th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks for the video RiverDog, I wasn't 'making light' in my question, I understand acoustic instruments being ruined but I just thought a soaking wouldn't do that much damage to a solid, finished body and neck that couldn't be repaired, I guess it dependes on time in contact with the wet stuff.
Good point boris, I guess if you know whats happened to it it will probably never feel the same again.

strat_tone
June 14th, 2010, 03:43 AM
wow that clip really was really heart breaking. thats all i can say.

Nighthawk
June 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Well, there was some commentary here about Waylon's guitar but this pretty much morphed into the usual "I HATE NEW COUNTRY MUSIC" Thread, of which there must be hundreds by now. If that's the case, stop listening to country radio, where the problem lives and get on with your lives.

Billy B.
June 14th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Well, there was some commentary here about Waylon's guitar but this pretty much morphed into the usual "I HATE NEW COUNTRY MUSIC" Thread, of which there must be hundreds by now. If that's the case, stop listening to country radio, where the problem lives and get on with your lives.

YUP,I got no problem with new country..........cuz I don't listen to it ,That's how I control the problem .any further word on WAYLONS GUITAR?!

kp8
June 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I would think that the personal items, the really non replaceable guitars, like the Waylong guit would not be in a mass storage facility but kept at home under lock and key, or is it that the storage facility would be climate controlled and insured?

rainedave
June 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
When I first heard about the Sound Check facility and all the equipment stored there it struck me as an odd practice. What are (were) the advantages of keeping so much equipment in one place, in a flood zone, no less? As far as I know this is unique to Nashville artists, though maybe not.

wstrnswingster
June 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM
How many of the leather covered Tele's did Waylon have? I know cat in CA that has one. I believe it's a 53. If his son has one and the Bcaster and T. Tritt's got one, and the guy I know makes 4(unless he sold his?)
I know lots of people lost waaaay more then some wood and wire but my heart sunk when I saw the first images. I hope the rest of the story gets out there. Seems like a subject for it's own thread?

Not to way-lay this topic any further but I registered and watched the Christies auction with the Broadcaster and Luther Perkins Esquire among the great guitars. I was hoping to get one of Hank Thompson's guitar straps. I was shocked that Hank's Bigbsy necked guitars brought so little. His signature J200 went cheap IMO. I recall Rodney Crowell's 50's J200 went for a decent price, seems like there were some good buys actually. Not on straps though!

dog fart
June 14th, 2010, 05:48 PM
any further word on WAYLONS GUITAR?!

The only reason I keep opening this thread. :roll:
Anybody here know the Urbans? Seems like the only way we'll find out is if someone asks.

duck
June 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I had a buddy that went to a Travis Tritt show..and he brought out a guitar case and said he had a treat for everyone and he was gonna play a song with Waylons Tele...Jesse had just given him? Maybe he has one.

Alot of people don't know much about TT but he has one of the biggest collections of guitars around.....He was doing an interview on tv once from his home and I saw teles, especially one of Marty's blue sapphire custom shop signature teles.....makes sence that he would have a Waylon tele.....Ole fuzzy would know....

rainedave
June 14th, 2010, 10:57 PM
...Anybody here know the Urbans? Seems like the only way we'll find out is if someone asks...

Nicole's not speaking to me anymore since I called her skinny.

KokoTele
June 15th, 2010, 06:12 PM
When I first heard about the Sound Check facility and all the equipment stored there it struck me as an odd practice. What are (were) the advantages of keeping so much equipment in one place, in a flood zone, no less? As far as I know this is unique to Nashville artists, though maybe not.

A lot of session musicians in Nashville hire a cartage company to store and deliver their gear. So, when Big & Rich call you for a session, you call the cartage company and give them a list of what to bring for you. Since they often have several guitars, amps, and effects, I can't blame them for not wanting to haul all their own gear, especially since they often play multiple sessions in a day at different studios.

rainedave
June 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks eryque. That's a good answer.

UrbanLegend40
June 24th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I don't understand this old country new country stuff that somehow means Keith Urban suck. Why? Because he can actually sing and does sound like a victim of throat cancer, because he writes his own music or because he is one of the best guitar players in the world. He was a studio musician before he made it for garth, alan jackson, vince gill and everyone else. Vince gill has said he is one of the best guitar players he has ever seen.

Here is some proof. Keith singing that "old" country and for the guy that wanted to hear him with just a guitar and an amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDihsFVwXTQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNNLfr_vx4&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDihsFVwXTQ&feature=related

50Rock
June 24th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I just saw Brad Paisley's excellent H2O tour show a few weeks ago - my first ever country music (genre) concert. It was my daughter's choice as a reward for her good year in school.

He can play that double stop like nobody's business!

I wouldn't call myself a country music fan, as I rarely listen and own no CDs; however, I always watch the awards shows cuz all the stars come out and play live. Keith and Brad especially.

rand z
June 24th, 2010, 03:23 PM
it's all music... some bad, better, good and great. imo, how we perceive it depends on your taste and your level of understanding.

and i hope waylons guitar(s) survived...

rand z

cactusrob
June 24th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Actually the guitar was sold for 98 thousand by reggie and nicole did buy it for kieth. If you do a search on youtube on waylon there is a posting on the auction.

yup...and according to this guy it is the number 1... :cry:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6yj-bhokO-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6yj-bhokO-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

And yes, (since we somehow got on the subject), most "country" does stink to high heaven these days...but Keith Urban, while some songs are definitely suspect of a certain amount of suckage, due no doubt to selection by the Nashvegas "machine", but folks,,,,friends,,,,, neighbors!!! Keith Urban, the guitar player, most assuredly DOES NOT suck...as you will see here:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a73rWqTbpAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a73rWqTbpAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I bought the debut "Ranch" cd in Walmart years ago before I heard even a single note, mainly based on the looks on their faces that said (to me) "We do not suck...." :cool:...and sure enough, they didn't !

Schnauzer
June 24th, 2010, 06:48 PM
God knows I am not nor do I want to be the conscious of this interchange BUT I feel compelled to state that we are all here for our affection for music and particularly guitar and especially Telecasters. Not all of us prefer one style. We need to respect other's endeavors whether or not they fit ours. I don't really understand fusion but more power to those who pursuit it. Now if you really want to get me on my high horse say something negative about Dangerous Don. Long live Johnny Crash!

GM60466
June 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Now now! Be nice.

bluesmain
April 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM
i know that the guitar had 2 scruggs tuners on the two e strings
so ..do all 3 or 4 all have the 2 scruggs pegs?
is there a link to more info?
i've seen articles in vintage guitar talking about the destruction of
historic equipment in the flood
thank God gruhn's shop is up the hill
even peter frampton and cats not associated with country had tons of gear
there
the powers created a triage board to discuss repairs(vg mag)
including the famous repair cats and experts( gruhn/joe glaser)
vg said the damage is unmeasurable in respect to hit record instruments
and music in general
any acoustic submerged for a week the articles said is lost

bluesmain
April 18th, 2014, 03:51 PM
one a lot closer to the original and one throw down version
for rowdy johnson band kinda wanna be's