May 12th, 2010, 02:02 AM
OK, lets see your SAGA's.
Show me yours, completed or under construction
Here is mine in the build/assemble stage. Got it on clearance $79 with free shipping.
Layed it on T-Downes blueprint, and it is within 1/16 in body dimensions. All routes seem to be OK. At least they are in the right places.
Drilled and doweled bridge mount holes, to be redrilled for vintage bridge.
Got a Wilkerson compensated saddle bridge.
Going to drill for string-thru.
Reshaped paddle-head to a more customary shape.
Probably finish in vintage white/cream. If it was a maple fretboard, would think about doing a black on black
Black or white guard. (For vintage white/cream)
Undecided on pickups.
Tuners and electronics will be upgraded.
Neck is straight as an arrow.
May 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Well, it's not a Tele, but I did a Saga LP kit a few years back. I got the kit cheap as well, under $100. It plays great and the cheap pups are fine IMHO. I've really gravitated to Teles though so it's in the closet most the time, but was a very fun project.
I used reranch amber on the maple cap and neck, and reranch mahogany on the basswood back.
May 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Here's a few Saga kits that I've assembled over the past few years.
May 12th, 2010, 12:26 PM
WOW! Those are all beautiful!
May 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Can we have more info and pics of the bound edge sunburst please
May 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM
May 13th, 2010, 12:31 PM
That and the bound edge tele if possible
May 13th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I'll dig around my files. I think I still have more somewhere... I'll post when I find 'em.
May 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Painted edges for faux binding.
Than taped off the faux binding areas and applied a light coat of trans brown.
May 14th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Sprayed and feathered black along the side and edge of body.
Then remove the tape to reveal the faux binding. Then clearcoat and finish.
May 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Duplicolor Ocean Blue, Tonerider Hot Classics.
I experimented withthe StewMac MicroMesh pads on this one. I didn't use any polish or compound, just water and the pads working up through the grits to 12000. I think it turned out ok. :cool: