$vboptions[bbtitle]

Need Help! Any Ibanez TS9 Experts Here?

Telejammer
April 23rd, 2010, 12:44 AM
I need some help determining if I have an original or RI Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. I took this pedal in on trade for some other music items, but I do not need it so I thought I would just turn it. I researched Fleabay and now i'm really confused. Two of them on e-bay state that their original, 1980's pedal is stamped with the word - MAXON - on the inside of the battery cover, the inside of the metal housing and on the circut board. I took the back cover off, and this one is marked the same way on all 3 accounts.
They also stated that all 3 pots are stamped - Japan - on them. Mine is also stamped JAPAN. Here is where it gets confusing! They state that their's have GREEN circuts, mine are BROWN, and that the 9V battery connector is GREY, mine is BLACK. The label is missing off the back from having velcro attached, and has since been removed.
Can anybody here shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.

czech-one-2
April 23rd, 2010, 03:21 AM
I need some help determining if I have an original or RI Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. I took this pedal in on trade for some other music items, but I do not need it so I thought I would just turn it. I researched Fleabay and now i'm really confused. Two of them on e-bay state that their original, 1980's pedal is stamped with the word - MAXON - on the inside of the battery cover, the inside of the metal housing and on the circut board. I took the back cover off, and this one is marked the same way on all 3 accounts.
They also stated that all 3 pots are stamped - Japan - on them. Mine is also stamped JAPAN. Here is where it gets confusing! They state that their's have GREEN circuts, mine are BROWN, and that the 9V battery connector is GREY, mine is BLACK. The label is missing off the back from having velcro attached, and has since been removed.
Can anybody here shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.

Wow,the label is important.Sounds like you have an early 90's re-issue cause the 80's models do have the surf-green resistors and grey battery snap.
But check Analogmans tubescreamer page,he's got all that info on one page.

Telejammer
April 23rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the info czech-one-2.
I knew somebody could help.