$vboptions[bbtitle]

Pickup HELP!

jch4v
August 6th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Hey,

I just finished wiring my new Tele, and can't seem to get the bridge pickup to work. I bought it used off eBay! I am using a Seymour Duncan Wiring diagram... and the neck pickup works fine, as do the controls. Just as a test, I soldered an old Strat pickup in the same places that the bridge pickup should go and it worked FINE. But when I solder in the wires for the bridge pickup... I get nothing. Though, when I touch a metal object to the magnets on the front, I get a slight reaction. I am afraid to start taking the pickup apart... Maybe the wires are bad? On the black wire there is a little metal "O" ring... which I am guessing is a ground? Maybe the connection is bad there? I was thinking of replacing the black wire with a new one that does not have an "O" ring. I know that the wiring is correct and that the other electronics work because of the test I did with the Strat Pickup... ANY suggestions? Your help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
John

lenny
August 6th, 2004, 09:23 AM
if you want to remove the ring you can probably just cut it off, and solder the cut end to ground normally. sounds like it may have been screwed to the bridge in its last life.
you could get a volt ohm meter pretty cheap at radio shack and check and see if the wire is broken..
/shrug