$vboptions[bbtitle]

Hello from Scotland!

Hometown Zero
February 23rd, 2010, 05:48 PM
I've been looking at the forum for a wee while and thought it would be good to register, so here I am!

Me?

I've only been playing guitar for about 8 or 9 years and don't really have that much "gear" to speak of but what I do have gets plenty of use.

I started out playing bass at school and saved for a Peavey milestone bass. I then managed to scam my parents in to getting me a no-namer Les Paul style electric one Christmas and I've been playing guitar ever since (with the odd spate of playing bass in bands)

I stared playing in bands at about 15 but it wasn't until 16 I actually got playing in venues, around the same time I started putting on any filthy, cheap punk band that would come to Dundee! I also upgraded to an Epiphone Les Paul custom which has really held up though all the bashes, drops, bangs and spills Iíve thrown at it.

That band got ditched and I kept putting stuff on and got in to another couple of bands for a short while. Eventually one of the bands I made friends with through putting on gigs, Wasted Nation, asked me to play with them. I'm still going at it and love what we're doing.

A couple of the others in Wasted Nation played in another band, On File, and when their guitarist left I was asked to join them too!

Since then I've played all over Europe and released my first proper record - Long may it continue!

As for my "gear", last month I had a bit of savings I wanted to spend on a guitar. Iíve always loved the look of a Tele so tried out a couple in shops locally. I really liked the feel and sound (most of the time) but I was also worried about stepping away from a big chunky humbucker and stop tail that Iíve only ever been used to playing.

I made the jump though and got a Mexican Fender Standard Tele, for a few reasons.

1) I wasnít brave enough to move away from a Les Paul by buying a high end Tele
2) Of the Mexicans I tried I preferred the open bridge that the standard uses, unlike the sort of enclosed (is it ďashtrayĒ) bridges the others have

I also hope that I can do some mods to this guitar without worrying too much about causing major damage.

Thatís what kinda lead me here!

I would like to firstly explore possibilities of new pickups and how to install them. Then if I can find something I like in a bridge position (where I always play) I might look at taking out the neck guitar and going for an Esquire look.

I really hope no one is bored enough to read all that crap! haha :lol:

ROADMAN
February 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.thecutline.com/forums/images/smilies/14578.gif http://www.thecutline.com/forums/images/smilies/14485.gif

tgfmike
February 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
Welcome HZ! My tele is an MIM. Can we get some pics of yours?

Hometown Zero
February 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM

I'll get some pics soon, it's relatively similar to yours though Mike! haha

FrankJames
February 23rd, 2010, 08:31 PM
Welcome to TDPRI !!

Fatmanstratman
February 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/fatmanstratman/TDPRIWelcomeLady.jpg

Enjoy!....:lol:

Nighthawk
February 24th, 2010, 03:01 PM