$vboptions[bbtitle]

Daisy Chaining Pedals

OceanBoy
February 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I need some advice please!!!

I bought a BossTU2 Tuner and the parallel daisy chain chord that allows you to power a few other pedals.

I also ordered a Tech 21 Boost DLA with tap.

My setup will be:

TU2 -> Ibanez Fat Cat -> Boost DLA -> Boss DD3 delay -> amp

If I power these pedals using the daisy chain, should I be concerned about the current levels that are supplied? Will all current levels be within spec? The manual for the Boost Delay:

* Utilizes standard 9V alkaline battery (not included). NOTE: Input jack activates battery. To conserve
energy, unplug when not in use. Power Consumption: approx. 50mA, for battery life of approximately
10 hours.
* USE DC POWER SUPPLY ONLY! Failure to do so may damage the unit and void warranty.
DC Power Supply Specifications:
-9V DC regulated or unregulated, 100mA minimum;
-2.1mm female plug, center negative (-).
Optional factory power supply is available: Tech 21 Model # DC2.

I would really appreciate any advice you could give me!

vjf1968
February 20th, 2010, 05:05 PM
What does the Boss TU tuner manual say about powering pedals? You should be all right.

OceanBoy
February 20th, 2010, 06:10 PM
What does the Boss TU tuner manual say about powering pedals? You should be all right.

Thanks for your reply.

The specs list the current draw for the TU2 as 55 mA (Max.). There are no specs for powering other pedals.

I tried to go to the Boss knowledge base, but I had to create an account with my email address (surprise). I signed up, but they send an activation email which was forwarded to my work email account lol. I can't view my work email from here.

The Ibanez Fat Cat works fine daisy chained, but the DLA is a little bit pricey. I really don't want to kill it with too much current.

woodman
February 20th, 2010, 06:15 PM
If your daisy-chain power supply is even half-decent, i can't see it being a problem with four pedals.

OceanBoy
February 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Cool. Thanks Woodman!!

vjf1968
February 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Like Woodman said. Try it out, it should work fine.