$vboptions[bbtitle]

What would cause this to happen?

rocknroller
February 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Although it happens intermittently, when I engage either my Jeckyll/Hyde distortion or wah pedal, it also turns on my Boss distortion pedal! My chain is like this: guitar>wah>Bos NS-2noise suppressor>Pitchblack tuner>MXR comp>Jekyll & Hyde>Boss Hyper Metal>loops back into the NS-2>Boosta Grande. Although I can't believe it would be the cause, this just started the other day after I added a Vox wah to the front of my chain. Anyone ever have this happen?

Thanks,
Fred

redstringuitar
February 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM
What power supply are you using?
It sounds as if power to the Boss DS is being interrupted when the other pedals are engaged.
This could be caused by either a connectivity problem in the daisy-chain power lead, or maybe you are over or very near the ampage limit of your power supply, such that when you switch on one of the other pedals, it cuts power to the Boss momentarily, due to current demand and then immediately restores it, resulting in the Boss reverting to the default power-up "on" status.

rocknroller
February 10th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Redstringuitar; thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned I am using a One Spot power supply with the daisy chain for 8 pedals. Like I said, never had a problem until I added the wah so you might be right that I am near its amp limit. Any suggestions for a different power supply?

Fred

redstringuitar
February 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I use a One Spot too, all eight connectors used and haven't had any problems so far. At 1.7A, they take some beating, especially at this price point.
There are many other more expensive power supplies out there, some with isolated outputs for each pedal, but even then, few achieve a total output of 1700mA...and the One Spot itself may not be the problem.
The first thing I would try is removing the least-used pedal from the board, see if that solves the problem, if so, you only have to buy another regulated power supply for one pedal...a far cheaper option than a DC Brick or Voodoo Lab unit.
If that doesn't do it, I'd order another daisy chain lead...it might be a bad connection in one of the power jacks.
Hope this helps.