$vboptions[bbtitle]

Any Archtop Builders on the Forum

LaExpatriot
February 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
I did a search last night and did not find many threads about archtops. I was wondering along with the cool Tele's that are being shown around here if anyone makes archtops too.
I ask because aside form Tele's I build archtops ont he side. That was my concentration in Luthier School. Just want to see what eveyone else if building out there. And if anyone is doing archtops too.
You probably cannot see it in my Avatar so I reposted the pic below. The archtop in the back middle is my 1st one I built at school.

If you build'm lets see them.

Thanks

Picton
February 1st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I'm tooling up to build my first one as we speak. I'm just a WEE bit excited... I, too, was wondering whether archtop threads were kosher on a Tele board. If so, I might have a couple of questions to ask...

joe desperado
February 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
Look at my recent post with lots of pics...

JD

guitarbuilder
February 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
I finished the sides to one about 10 years ago if that counts.

jaydawg
February 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Yup. I've done a couple 18" NewYorkers as well as a few 17" models. It's been years since I've an acoustic or archtop tho. I started with acoustics/archtops then moved to electrics. Kinda backwards I guess. I wish I has some pics of those guitars on the computer. They are all hard copies. No digital camera back then.