$vboptions[bbtitle]

Strat middle pickup

gator19482005
September 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Hi can anyone help me out. I have a Fender telecaster Koa and i want to put a middle strat pickup in the middle with the 5 way switch to get that strat o tele sound does and one no if the mexico strat one would be good or shoud i use a better middle strat one

boris bubbanov
September 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I think you've got to do some extensive routing to make that happen on a MIK Koa veneer basswood body Tele.

A stock set of Seymours in that guitar are already noise canceling towards one another - that means any middle pickup will only be noise canceling in possibly one other position; you might wanna have that middle pickup on a separate blend circuit ala Brent Mason in which case I guess I would recommend an Alnico II Strat pickup from Seymour Duncan.

I just converted this American Series to Nashville wiring but it was already routed for a middle pickup since it shares some DNA with the old style American Deluxe. Its neck and bridge pups (Stock AS pups) were never RWRP noise canceling together, but now with a RWRP Tex Mex Strat middle pup, both N + M and M + B are noise canceling:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/Bubbanov/19SEPT012009003.jpg

gator19482005
September 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM
I think you've got to do some extensive routing to make that happen on a MIK Koa veneer basswood body Tele.

A stock set of Seymours in that guitar are already noise canceling towards one another - that means any middle pickup will only be noise canceling in possibly one other position; you might wanna have that middle pickup on a separate blend circuit ala Brent Mason in which case I guess I would recommend an Alnico II Strat pickup from Seymour Duncan.

I just converted this American Series to Nashville wiring but it was already routed for a middle pickup since it shares some DNA with the old style American Deluxe. Its neck and bridge pups (Stock AS pups) were never RWRP noise canceling together, but now with a RWRP Tex Mex Strat middle pup, both N + M and M + B are noise canceling:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/Bubbanov/19SEPT012009003.jpg

Yes i can do a great job in routing it out and i plan to use a 5 way super switch like thats in the james burton black and gold pasiley guitar someone told me that as long as it was reversed wound it will work. I just wanted to no what would be a good pickup. i was looking at the fender 57/62 but i realy want to get that strat sound