$vboptions[bbtitle]

Musician's Friend and Guitar Center Labor Day Weekend Sales

Thundersleet
September 2nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Musician's Friend has this phone-only sale (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=105226&src=3TP9JW&ZYXSEM=0).

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/graphics/landingpage/2009/home/0901/salute_wrkrs_4.jpg

Guitar Center has another one of their list sales. If you get lucky and something you wanted is on the list you might be able to get a really good deal.

And you know that you'll want to stand around and listen to the local talent for a chance to win an ipod touch.

boris bubbanov
September 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Excluded Brands: Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Gretsch, Guild. Many more. Some items escape the exclusion. Tee shirts, I suppose.

Stay loose.

SimpleOne
September 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
very cool...hmmm 12% for greater that 2 hundred? hmmm haha

casadyrocks
September 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I'm afraid of going and finding something good (although that has not been the case previously with any Guitar Center sales promotion) cause I should be selling a thing or two rather than buying a thing or two. I am a big Schecter fan and there are a few guitars I could see buying if they were a good deal. I have six guitars now, and I play three far more than the rest as it is. I hope everyone who goes finds something good....

studio1087
September 2nd, 2009, 08:35 PM
Excluded Brands: Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Gretsch, Guild. Many more. Some items escape the exclusion. Tee shirts, I suppose.

Stay loose.

The manager at the Milwaukee store always honors any coupon for anything. He says that the excuded brands on the coupon are excluded in print only because mom and pop stores call Fender and Gibson and scream when Guitar Center drops prices super low.

Ask your local manager...you can use the coupon for anything if you ask.

boris bubbanov
September 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
The manager at the Milwaukee store always honors any coupon for anything. He says that the excuded brands on the coupon are excluded in print only because mom and pop stores call Fender and Gibson and scream when Guitar Center drops prices super low.

Waahhh!

But I don't wanna!

I have to PAY these credit card bills; nobody doing that for me.

trousertele
September 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
I received the email as well, called and got a Rickenbacker 360 in jetglo (regularly $1599) for $1279. Not as great as the blowout I heard about last month where I think they were going for $999, but since I missed that I figure this is as close as I'll get to a new one for that low of a price again.

BTW, the mapleglo and midnight blue are both regularly $1899 and the fireglo is backordered til '10, so the jetglo is the best deal if you're looking to get one.

Johnny Morales
September 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Give Music123 a call - I called them and got a RoadWorn 60s Strat for $650.

Thundersleet
September 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Give Music123 a call - I called them and got a RoadWorn 60s Strat for $650.

Nice score, there's some deals to be had this weekend if a person has the money to spend.

Here's a link to the post with information about the Music 123 - 20% off any item all through Monday deal. (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/bad-dog-cafe/176495-music-123-20%25-off-any-item-all-through-monday.html#post2018256)

Hiker
September 3rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
New (old stock) 2008 Fender Standard Stratocaster (Artic White-MIM).

Are you ready? $299.00 Did a double take at that one on a floor stand, tonight! P.S. It's still there...

JayFreddy
September 4th, 2009, 03:06 AM
New (old stock) 2008 Fender Standard Stratocaster (Artic White-MIM).

Are you ready? $299.00 Did a double take at that one on a floor stand, tonight! P.S. It's still there...You guys are EVIL! :twisted:

I'm off tomorrow too...

electricbody
September 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I picked up a very clean used MXR EVH Phase 90 for $70. I was hoping they'd have the Script logo Phase 90, but no dice.

GC has Gibson LP Studios w/ case for $990. No deals on Teles. Looks like they have some deals on microphones and studio monitors.

rangercaster
September 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM
i don't need any more gear, but sometimes they have a good special that i can't resist ...and i have a $5 gift card that will expire 9/15 ... i may stop by GC ...

studio1087
September 5th, 2009, 12:23 AM
I bought a BBE AM64 (high gain) pedal for $29 new.

They had a bunch of good deals......I don't really need anything.

SG Faded Guitars were $699. Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Guitars were $799 with hard case.

Fender and Gibson gig bags were $14.95.

It's always fun to look.

Thundersleet
September 5th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Fender and Gibson gig bags were $14.95.

In Woodbury MN they were out of them.

Telenator
September 5th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I walked into GC yesterday with $1000 in hand and credit cards to make up the difference if I found something that I just couldn't live without. There were truly some awesome deals to be had. I walked out empty handed. There were things that I wanted, but I just didn't really need any of them.

Thundersleet
September 5th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I just bought a couple of instrument cables. I've been needing them. Not on sale. And some wall hangers that were on sale. I've been wanting to clear up some floor space. But no big score for me either.

stantheman
September 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Stay loose.

What Boris wrote says it all.
Just another BigBox run by a room full of suits.:rolleyes:

boris bubbanov
September 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, but I lied.

I just scored some stuff. :^)

I had an errand to run, so I just stopped in the local GC for a minute, checked the List, and found some things.

70 % off on Fender stuff is a good thing.

boris bubbanov
September 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
If you genuinely do have some geld to spare, do not assume everything is gone from these "List" sales. Got something else today, and now I have:

1) Two Highway One Teles with bag, $ 389.98 each, new unsold product, '07 and '08; and

2) Two G + G made in USA Ltd Ed Fender 60th silver lame' cases for some of my 60th Anniversary Fenders I got in late '07, $ 99 each in excellent condition.

Here's how the cases look:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/Bubbanov/19AUG222009001.jpg

Don't give up.

studio1087
September 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
What Boris wrote says it all.
Just another BigBox run by a room full of suits.:rolleyes:

I post this over and over. It's true you know. Try. Ask. Knock on the door; they may let you in......

I stopped back into the Milwaukee store because a guitar was bothering me.

This is a Yamaha FG750S. Solid sitka top. Sycamore back and sides. Bound head and neck. Tortoise body binding and pickguard. They sell for $400 cash new. There was a used one in the acoustic room in pristine condition for $199. It sounded great. The tortoise binding against the light wood body was beautiful and the tuners were tortoise pearloid.

http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionlarge/Yamaha/230552jpg.jpg

I asked in my nicest tone of voice "Is $199 the best price or is there any room left to negotiate?"

The acoustic room guy said "Lemmee check".....he looked in the computer.

I can knock $20 off and it includes a Martin 300 hard dread case.

Cha-Ching.

I can bring it home Thursday. It's on Police hold until Thursday. I paid for it.

It pays to go to the crazy sales. You never know what you'll find. I paid $150 for a mint Bassman 20 two years ago at a "List" sale.

Good sales.

Anchoret
September 6th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I hipped Boris to the H1 deal and he went out and outdid me by buying TWO.

I only bought one, a 4/09 straight out of the box the night before. Good deal, very flippable. I'm not an H1 kind of guy, but it's not bad. My stock B-Bender (another Labor Day GC find at $499 a few years ago) is the best sounding Telecaster I've ever played, but it's too heavy to work with. My final run 2000 American Standard is too dark sounding for typical Telecaster work so I may keep the H1.

Other catches:

BBE AM64 dirtbox $30

Line9 Constrictor compressor stomp $40

Thundersleet
September 7th, 2009, 01:04 AM
BBE AM64 dirtbox $30

Line9 Constrictor compressor stomp $40

I picked up one of each of those and they still had some of the MXR's (none on the counter I had to ask) for $40 too so I grabbed one of those too.

My birthday is this week so my wife said OK, she's awesome.

Anchoret
September 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I picked up one of each of those and they still had some of the MXR's (none on the counter I had to ask) for $40 too so I grabbed one of those too.
The AM64's pretty negligible, a cheapie promotional item BBE made for the Bain stores, but the M-86 (the MXR Distortion III guts in Bain-only promotional dress) is a pretty evolved dirtbox for a simple circuit. $30 is about what they're worth, objectively. Stomps are generally insanely overpriced.

The Constrictor is actually a lot of circuit and is considered a decent compressor by techs who claim to know these things. As a bassist, a compressor is something I should have had a long time ago, but didn't.

My birthday is this week so my wife said OK, she's awesome.
I'm not married, so every day's my birthday. Maybe. It's debatable. :neutral:

Slow Reflexes
September 7th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I needed a bag or case, so I went across town to see the Big Event and maybe get talked into something I couldn't pass up. Parking lot empty, doors locked, lights out. 9:30. Coulda sworn the ad said they were opening at 9, be there early, doorbuster specials, blah blah blah.

Went to Best Buy instead rather than wait until 11:00 for them to open. Guess 9 was on Friday only?

T Prior
September 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Bought two items from two different Guitar Centers today.

An AC15 and a PV mixer , both good deals from the Used Lists.

Both locations were really nice to speak with and extremely courteous.

t

cotecj
September 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Just got back from GC. They had a $ 389.98 Hwy 1 Tele on the list, but not anywhere to be seen in the store. Must have gone quick. They had a couple of tempting Ibanez AS73 semi-hollows for $357, and a really tempting used AS73 for $279. And a used Peavey Stratocopy for $39. That's right, thirty-nine bucks. I didn't plug it in, but it was all there, with no visible damage. Played ok unplugged. I can't believe it was that cheap. Even if it needed new pots, switch and wiring, that's a steal! I can't get that $279 AS73 out of my mind, though. I'll have to see if I can unload something quick, and hope it's still there...

Anchoret
September 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Just got back from GC. They had a $ 389.98 Hwy 1 Tele on the list, but not anywhere to be seen in the store. Must have gone quick.
I bagged this one in the first ten minutes on Friday. :wink:

Radspin
September 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
This was the first GC sale I've missed in years (I was traveling over the weekend). Was there anything good in the Commack store?

Post Toastie
September 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
They had a HWY 1 tele on the list at 9 am Friday when i got there. .I asked about it and they said that they didnt have one. About 40 minutes later I see it behind the counter on hold. I saw it had those massive frets so i didnt care, let someone else have it.The MXR distortion boxes they sold last year for 29 dollars, now they want 40 so they can store them for another year and try to get 50 dollars.

JayFreddy
September 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM
1) Two Highway One Teles with bag, $ 389.98 each, new unsold product, '07 and '08; I thought you didn't like the Highway Ones? Didn't you buy a few of these back in 07 too? How many do you have now?

I like the HighwayOne Teles and Strats, fat frets and dark pickups and all... I've got a pair of HighwayOne Teles and a pair of HighwayOne Strats, so I can't really justify getting more. Okay, maybe just one more... lol :razz:

superbadj
September 7th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I guess I'll just have to settle for being one of the guys that got a guaranteed price match for a Duo Sonic at $99, whenever they actually come into stock.

Would love to have scored other deals but my money's going to bills and other places it should be, rather than gear! (:sad:)

Warm Gums
September 7th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I was in on friday & got a Crate bass amp (little guy.. 10" speaker @ 20 watts) for $19 supposedly used, but in mint condition & still had the hang tags on! & a Dano Fish & Chips eq for $10... The bass amp will make a nice upgrade to my current no name cheepie with a "6", & I have never had a eq pedal.... oh & some decent 10' cables with nice metal ends for .01 each.. yes thats right; a penny. Apparently they were left over from when they use to give cables away with the follow up postcards..

A few years ago I passed on a ES 120 for $499, they also had a older Randal 2x10 combo for @ $50 the two worked well together & the mgr was willing to let the whole shebang go for $499 otd...oops, might have been worth stretchin' the budget a bit for that rig..

pmcghen
September 7th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I guess I'll just have to settle for being one of the guys that got a guaranteed price match for a Duo Sonic at $99, whenever they actually come into stock.

I was super busy at work on Friday and didn't get a chance to check the board. I'm pretty bummed that I missed out on that.

boris bubbanov
September 8th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I was super busy at work on Friday and didn't get a chance to check the board. I'm pretty bummed that I missed out on that.

A lot of folks got rejected. It depended on which salesperson and manager you drew. No-one was supposed to get the deal; I'm sure they let a few guys through by accident. The $ 389 Highway Ones at GC however were intentional.

So, I missed out on the $ 99 Deryck Whibley, but I got 2 USA Teles instead.

petebradt
September 8th, 2009, 01:37 AM
They have nothing I want. I'm so glad.

91xlntS-3
September 8th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Went on Saturday, with the wife & kids. Needed a new music stand and was going to pick up a couple of desk top mic stands. Neither of them were in stock, so I figured I'd just order them online. When I added all the items to my cart, the 2 desk top mic stands wouldn't ship for free, so I called Customer Service. The guy (Ricky) said there was nothing he could do about it, I'd just have to pay the shipping charges. It was only $3.60, but the Deluxe Music Stand Was several times larger and weighed 10 lbs. and it shipped for free!

So, I went to Music123, found all the exact same items, and they ALL shipped for free. Not only that, but I got an add'l. 20% discount on my entire order, which saved me another $13.60! So, since GC wouldn't knock off the $3.60 shipping, I saved $17.20 by buying somewhere else! Too cool!!

I also went online yesterday, again to Music123, and bought a set of Kustom KPC15 PA mains to add to my system. Again, they will ship for FREE and I got the 20% discount on thier sale price. So, for $159 + change, I got a brand new set of 15" PA mains for less than I could've bought 1 cab from any other manufacturer! I know, the Kustom stuff isn't "high end", but I don't need high end, mega powerful speakers for the clubs we play. I had used a set of 4 of the Kustom KPC12 monitors for a couple of years and they worked/sounded great. I'm currently using a set of Peavey PR 12s up on stands and just wanted to add a little more low end to the mix. So these Kustoms should do the trick for me.

Sorry for the long rant, just wanted you to know that there are some better deals to be had out there!