$vboptions[bbtitle]

Line 6 DM4 Distortion Modeler

Hwilliams
July 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Has anyone had any dealing with these? It just seems like a good idea to have one unit to control your overdrive and distortion.

Any users out there?

H

blowtorch
July 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
yeah i've still got mine somewhere.

at first i was pretty much in awe of it. then later i became at first aware, then annoyed, by the weird digital sonic "artifacts" that it introduced into my tone. like, especially during the decay of a note or chord. and the midrange somehow is generally especially pronounced and artificial sounding, mostly across the board.

also the switches are trouble prone. you can read all about that problem in the harmony central reviews. i think mine has one switch that causes some problems sometimes.

it is a very versatile multi pedal with some very unique things going for it. heck, i remember reading brad paisley saying in vintage guitar how much he dug the virtual tubescreamer on it. it does have it's shortcomings , however.

NewGuy410
July 7th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I have a DM4.
It is pretty cool to basically have 4 extra channels.

I like the Tubescreamer setting. I use it a lot.

I have also had trouble with one of the switches on mine. Pushing down the 2nd to the left button results in either: the 2nd channel turning on, any one of the other channels turning on, multiple lights turning on, or nothing at all.

I got it on sale back in high school. If I didn't already own it, I would just buy individual pedals, but since its here, I might as well use it.

Its probably also worth noting that you have to adjust each channel's volume when you change the volume of your amp or some will be louder than others.

Despite how critical I've been of it, its still a pretty cool pedal. But I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Hwilliams
July 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I had read the reviews at harmony central but I wanted to know some of your opinions on it.

Enough said, I think I'll pass!

Thanks