$vboptions[bbtitle]

Can I bridge channels on a DRRI?

cdc3jj
June 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I don't know why I couldn't but I don't want to do any damage. Thanks

milocj
June 17th, 2009, 07:17 PM
You won't damage anything, but it doesn't work real well. The Vibrato channel has one more stage than the Normal channel so they are out of phase with each other. You might find some settings that work, but you'll also find spots on the volume dials that will decrease the volume due to the phase cancellation.

Again, you won't hurt anything if you experiment with it.

Guns1rose
June 17th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, you can jumper the two channels. However, the two channels are out of phase, so you'll need to invert the polarity of the jumper cable, or buy a Barber Launch Pad...

TB72
June 17th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I do this with a Barber Launch Pad pedal. It has positive and negative outputs, which enables you to jumper the channels and get a bigger sound. Without the pedal, jumpering the channels causes quite a thin tone because of the phase cancellations...It won't damage the amp, but the tone ain't any heck.

Later...

cdc3jj
June 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Ok, that's cool. I was really digging the first channel and wishing I could have the reverb on the first channel without doing any more mods. Is there a way to do it without spending $139? I don't know much about polarity outside of speakers. (prepare for a stupid question here...) Can you swap it like you swap it on a speaker? Reverse the leads? Like take the hot and ground from one end of the cable and reverse them? Or am I going to get smoke and a repair bill? Thanks

holgaguy
June 17th, 2009, 09:13 PM
This out of phase problem - is that just with the Deluxe? Seems to work fine with my Vibrolux.