$vboptions[bbtitle]

Kluson Machine head - 52ri tele

Twang Man
February 20th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I have a problem. I have a 52ri with those Kluson style machine heads. When tuning up after a string change my thin 'E' string slips. It just de-tunes itself instantly. I took the machine head off and stripped it down and the stem/shaft seemed really loose and wobbly, even though the screw was ticghtened up fully. So I put some tape around it and it seems to be holding out.

however, I really need to replace it.

any one know of anywhere I can get 1 replacement Kluson machine head, without having to buy 6?

viking
February 20th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Ive seen single vintage tuners on eBay , but the saving is hardly worth it , IMO....I would just get a set of Gotoh vintage tuners for about 30 $ ( I think )
if I were you

viking
February 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Sorry , didnt notice you live in Europe , maybe try AxesRus or Rockinger . com

Twang Man
February 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
axesrustock them - cheers

so, 5/16 or 3/8 ?

viking
February 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
As I understand it , the 52 RI is built like the originals , so that would mean a 5/16 bushing. You dont have to change out the bushing , Im sure....Just remove the little screw(s) , slide the tuner out the back , and slide the new one in. Install screw(s) , and you are done. The difference between the 5/16 and 3/8 is only in the bushings for the tuners. The older style necks have 5/16 holes , or 8 mm. The newer type necks have 3/8 or 10 mm holes , sometimes 10.5 mm ( MightyMite necks , and Squiers )

Twang Man
February 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
thank you for that.