$vboptions[bbtitle]

Neck Manipulation ?

GuitarHut
December 16th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Then neck I am working with seems to be as far over as possible. The strings start sliding off the neck after the 12th fret, on the Low E side. Does anyone know what to do here?

Steinar G
December 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Try loosening the screws just a little (1/4 turn), grab the neck by the headstock and yank it towards the treble side, then retighten screws. It's worked for me on a couple of guitars with a similar problem...

boris bubbanov
December 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
The low E side, as in the one closest to the side of the neck "protected" by the pocket?

A lot of folks don't sweat that, since it means desperately needed room on the high or little E side of the board.

I suggest putting the guitar in your lap, on edge with the string facing away from your belly button and headstock off to the right. Now, loosen all 4 screws 1/4 turn, press down a little on the cutout side horn with your left hand and retighten the screws with a screwdriver in your right hand. Check it for alignment, but I'd say leave AT LEAST as much space on the little, high E side of your fingerboard where most of the playing is done.