$vboptions[bbtitle]

Tweed Super

markesquire
November 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I want one of these. Does anyone have one who can advise as to brands, speakers, etc.? Does anyone make a "dual professional" v-panel super?

Spidercaster
November 7th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I have a Hullett Tweed Deluxe with a (stock) Tone Tubby speaker in it. I like it alot. I'm sure he makes a Tweed Super as well.

http://www.hullettamps.com/

PhatTele
November 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hot Bottle Amps will build one for you or you might find one of his out on eBay. I think he takes a Mojo or Weber kit and offers it fully assembled. Not too bad if you don't want to do the work yourself. If you want more of a name brand, the Victoria Amp model #35210 is essentially a Tweed Super.

skeksis
November 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
got mine as a kit from marsh amps; I think he takes a mojo kit and substitutes lots of the internal components for better quality parts. with upgrade transformers and a nice lacquered tweed cab, I think I was out around $1k, approx.

I put two fender labeled CTS 10" alnicos from around 1970 in my Super. not the most efficient speakers, and the breakup is a little odd sometimes... but generally a great match for the amp.

Also, I bought NOS tubes from AES. All in all, it's just right for use with my band, where I've got a fairly loud drummer to deal with. turn the super up to around 8, run my old Gibby LP Jr through a DOD od/preamp 250 to the amp. very good stuff for cruchy rock/americana. sorta my goldilocks amp - not too big, not too small, but just right.

I think I've seen the v-panel dual pro cabinets around somewhere, but can't remember now.

sjhusting
November 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I think I've seen the v-panel dual pro cabinets around somewhere, but can't remember now.
W*b*r is making them now.

steven

macheesmo3
November 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Victoria also offers V-front cabs as an option on their entire line .

old_picker
November 8th, 2008, 08:26 AM
i have a superdawg [5f4] made for me by jim at little dawg amps
superb warm clean tone -
built like a tank - an amp for a lifetime