$vboptions[bbtitle]

Personal Rehearsal Gadgets - Which One?

bluezguy
August 21st, 2008, 07:36 AM
Hi,

I'm blown away by today's current technology of learning tools for todays guitarist. I would like your input on which of these gadgets ranks highest on the user's list.

I'm looking at getting one of those headphone players where you can download mp3 files and play along with them/practice/ record/ slow down speed and adjust pitch etc.

To be able to practice on a lunch hour at work or at home without bothering anybody is what I seek. Most music stores have this Korg Pandora 4 (?) thing but it doesn't quite have all the features I seek and is quite out of date.
Thanks!

Flat357
August 21st, 2008, 08:17 AM
I use a Pod xt for practise hooked up to my pc .

I have had a Tascam GT CD in the past , but didn't stick with it .
If you could get the equivalent of the Tascam ( i'm sure you can ) that has memory storage so you can transfer files onto it , then they'd be onto a winner .

The only problem you get from plauying in phones though is that your amp sounds crap afterwards :lol:

hamish5178
August 21st, 2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-MICRO-BR-Digital-Recorder?sku=241152

It can do the slowdown, you can load backing tracks, it has a built in tuner (better than my $40 fender one) tons of amps and effects models.

It's also a GREAT 4 track recorder.

imwjl
August 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
A few of mine.

1. Metronome - not very exciting, but it gets credit for better musicians inviting me to play rhythm.

2. JamMan - there are a number of loopers but I got this because of the USB, memory card and way it worked with the optional foot switch.

3. Laptop or iPod + Micro Cube amp - no shortage of epiphanies had with this combo. I have Guitar Pro software and I've also bought some lessons from the freeguitarvideos people. Putting it all together has got me over the hump learning some new styles or techniques.

brownshoe
August 21st, 2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-MICRO-BR-Digital-Recorder?sku=241152

It can do the slowdown, you can load backing tracks, it has a built in tuner (better than my $40 fender one) tons of amps and effects models.

It's also a GREAT 4 track recorder.

+1 for the Micro BR.