$vboptions[bbtitle]

Where to buy intonation screws?

craigfowler
May 21st, 2008, 04:38 PM
Post topic says it all!

I need to buy a set of intonation screws for tele saddles...if anybody could point me to a source for these, that would be t'riffic! Even Stewmac don't seem to stock them!

Jack Wells
May 21st, 2008, 06:32 PM
You can probably find a suitable screw at Lowes. You need to know where your saddles are from. If they're from Asia they'll be metric. Otherwise SAE. Look in the pull-out drawers below the packaged screws for stainless pan head machine screws. I think the SAE size is 6-32. Take a saddle with you to check. Poke the screw through the plastic bag to see if it fits.

boris bubbanov
May 21st, 2008, 07:28 PM
www.smallparts.com

The local big boxes don't offer anything like that I can use; the hardware store 4 blocks from here is leagues better, but there are things they don't have.

I do like Lowe's for Deft gloss nitro clear, 13 ounce rattle can for $ 4.54 plus tax.

Compare that to Re-ranch.

Guitar_Ninja
May 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
AFAIK most Asian guitars use a M3 screw. Not sure about the other measurements though.

yegbert
May 21st, 2008, 08:44 PM
If they're from Asia they'll be metric. Otherwise SAE. Look in the pull-out drawers below the packaged screws for stainless pan head machine screws. I think the SAE size is 6-32. Take a saddle with you to check. Poke the screw through the plastic bag to see if it fits.

Yes, the stock Fender vintage-style saddles on MIM and MIA Teles I've seen use intonation screws that are 6-32; and the length (threaded portion) is 1 3/16" or 1 1/4". Glendale saddles ship with 1" long screws, and the resulting shorter end sticking out of the saddle gives them a nice look IMHO.

craigfowler
May 21st, 2008, 11:03 PM
Thank you for the tips - it is actually a set of Glendale saddles I need the screws for. Someday I'll ask a question here that people can't answer :-)