$vboptions[bbtitle]

Problem Bending High E-String

Grabadores
May 21st, 2008, 01:57 AM
Hi, all. I've got a sort of unique problem with my American Deluxe that's difficult to describe, but I'll get right down to it. When I bend the high E string on my Tele, instead of sort of catching the B and G strings on the side of my finger as I bend, they slip down under my finger with the E string which causes them to sound themselves, and throw off the note I want to play. I use .010 gauge strings.

I just had my guitar professionally set up today but the problem's still there (maybe even worse). I thought maybe raising the action slightly on the B and/or G strings might do it? But I don't want to do anything to greatly affect playability. Anyone have a similar experience or suggestion? Thanks so much.

And since this is my first-ish post, I figure I should include a token picture of my Tele. Sorry for the detestable quality.

Scotele
May 21st, 2008, 03:24 AM
Any particular frets where this problem is at its worst? Thinking it may require a truss rod adjustment.

Mark Davis
May 21st, 2008, 04:29 AM
You need your saddles set to the radius of your neck.

The Big E and small e should be lower than the other strings the A and B should be a little higher than the E's and the D and G should be the highest.