$vboptions[bbtitle]

Anyone good with diagrams?

tlsmack
March 5th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I want to have an esquire custom wired and the tech wants a diagram. My plan is to go with G&L ptb type setup but adapted for bridge pickup only -three pots and no switch. I showed him a G&L Legacy schematic to give him an idea, but he wants an exact diagram.

The idea is bridge pickup only wired to a 250K volume pot, a 500k treble pot, and a 1meg reverse taper bass pot. Here's a link to the Legacy schematic.

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/PICS/HOWTO/92LEGPTB.GIF

If you could turn this into a one pickup, no switch diagram- he prefers a diagram to a schematic-please post it here.

I'm going with a GFS 50's Repro Bridge Pickup. I don't know how this wiring scheme will sound, put the ptb on my Tribute Legacy gives such a wide range of tones it seems like it's worth a try. Thanks for any help or advice.

Jack Wells
March 5th, 2008, 10:55 PM
If your tech can't look at that schematic and figure it out I sure wouldn't trust him with my guitar.

RodeoTex
March 5th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I suspect that if you had an exact diagram you could wire it yourself.
I know that's no help but as jwells said...

tlsmack
March 5th, 2008, 11:38 PM
If your tech can't look at that schematic and figure it out I sure wouldn't trust him with my guitar.

I kinda thunk that myself. His fretwork and setups are outstanding, as are his nitro finishes. I think he is just being difficult. If I can get a diagram that would be great , if not I may have him just wire it up standard esquire for now so he can finish the build , and sort out the ptb later.