Orange Micro Terror Club - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Amp Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom amps and special model amps from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Orange Micro Terror Club

Lets see them! Who has found out about these awesome little heads?

Micro Terror with the small 8" cabinet.

Bulldog87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I'm in
I LOVE it. I sold my tiny terror too soon and have been jonesing for a replacement for a while now.
Is the crunch the same as a TT? It's close enough for me but I hope to A/B them someday.
The main thing that I wanted in the TT was an effects send for backing tracks, this has an aux input which means I can play my backingtracks on my mp3 player and jam away . . .

How's the Orange speaker with it?

I would imagine it rocks like everything else Orange, right now I've been playing thru an Eminence Lady Luck 8" and am pretty happy. Soon to listen to the 2X8, 2X10, and 2X12 . . .

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-centr...ml#post4255632

Old July 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

So is that the PPC-108 Cab?
How do you like it's sound?

. . .

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old July 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Mine is running through the PPC-108 cabinet. I think it sounds great! It gets much louder than I expected! I am sure that many will say that it sounds "boxy" like they do with all small cabinets, but I actually really like this little setup! I like the PPC-108 so much that I think I am going to buy a second one and stack the two cabs together!

The Orange Micro Terror is actually a lot more amp than I expected to get from such a small package! I can do more stuff with this than some of the other amps (i.e. aux input and headphones) so it fits in nicely with my other new favorite, my Excelsior.

Old July 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog87 View Post
I think I am going to buy a second one and stack the two cabs together! .
Ok, that is just sick

OOO now I want a "stack" as well.

Old July 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Just signed back in after being off for a couple of years and the Micro Terror Club is my first stop! I haven't purchased one as of yet, but it's on my short list of an affordable, cranking' amp. I'll have to live through your guys' thoughts for a while so please jot them down as you learn things about the MT. Thanks!
iagtrplyr12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

it sounds great through an orange 2x12

I run mine through an orange PPC 212 open back which has celestion vintage 30s. It is kind of funny how the amp is smaller than my eventide pedal.

Mike_LA if they had a slanted ppc108 to make that stack i would probably buy a set of them lol. hmm wonder if they are thinking that? sort of like that marshall ministack...

Here is mine. the micro the cab, eventide space, and carvin dc127 with active electronics and acoustic bridge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Micro2.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	134420  
ChrisSinNH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSinNH View Post
I run mine through an orange PPC 212 open back which has celestion vintage 30s. It is kind of funny how the amp is smaller than my eventide pedal.

Mike_LA if they had a slanted ppc108 to make that stack i would probably buy a set of them lol. hmm wonder if they are thinking that? sort of like that marshall ministack...

Here is mine. the micro the cab, eventide space, and carvin dc127 with active electronics and acoustic bridge
I've spent way too much money on new gear lately, but if I had the cash to spend I'd love to have a PPC 112 or 212! How does it sound through that monster?

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

See it?

It's so cute!

"The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse." - Frank Zappa
studio1087 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Just ordered a MT through Sweetwater today and should be seeing it early next week. I'm jumping the gun here, but has anyone swapped the preamp tube yet? What brand does it come with? All I know is I'm stoked and my wife is nervous...

Old July 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Welcome to the Club iagtrplyr12! I havent pulled the tube to look at it yet. I like mine just as is so far though!

Old July 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Thanks Bulldog! It was a purchase I planned on making down the road, but as of today I found myself needing a head under budget so I decided to pull the trigger. For right now the MT is going to be run through an SWR 15" 4 ohm bass cab. Long story there, my friend, a very long story. I'll find out on Monday if the two will play together. With my new Squier CV 50s BSB Tele I'm thinking loud, big bottomed, and hopefully a hint of snarl on top.

I see you seem to like the 8" Orange cab. Is your opinion still the same since last you wrote about it? Any thoughts to possibly adding a second one for your own micro wall of doom? I'd like to try one out in case a quick getaway jam is in store. Thanks again for replying.

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iagtrplyr12 View Post
For right now the MT is going to be run through an SWR 15" 4 ohm bass cab.
Well, I personally think it will sound great!
To me, getting enough bass out of my amp is way harder that getting enough treble.
For speakers right now I have 1X8, 2X8, 2X10, & 2X12 cabs in the studio and haven't played thru much more than the 1X8 so far cuz it RAWKS enough right there. It pushes the Eminence 8" quite nicely, I've actually just got a pair of old 6X9 speakers from a Hammond organ and have 1 installed in an old pathfinder 10 cab. Also haven't had much time to check it out yet. Most of my practice time has had to be with headphones . . .
Check out the vid to hear the diff between the 8 and the 2X12

Though, as soon as I finish this missive I plan on listening to the headphone out on the MT and will report back.

C Ya . . .

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

O.N.M
silly post

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Hi Mike, I'm a Mike too. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the vote of confidence concerning the 15" Eminence driver. See, I think your right in that combing the MT with a bright Tele, it might take that speaker to balance things out! I think if should be loud enough too.

I originally bought this WorkingPro 15 back in May and stripped it bare. I got rid of the rat fur and re-did it with Duratec. The cab turned out great, but I found a lot of static when starting the amp back up. The volume and Aural Enhancer knobs were filthy. So I pulled her back out, used contact cleaner on all the knobs, put her back in and started her up. The knobs were clean, but I still bad static as I rotated the volume and the sound faded to nothing. So either I killed it (but don't think so) or it was bad to begin with, but I had it torn apart so quickly I really never ran it through its paces. So I'm the idiot and saved GC a headache.

Sorry if this was too much to digest, but I feel better now! So I ordered the Micro Terror because I'm in an ornery mood to make some noise with said amp and guitar. I'll let you know how it sounds next week, but promise it'll be shorter.

I'm in our city municipal band and will be taking the MT into battle armed with a mic into the PA and an attitude! Wish us luck.

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas. This club definitely has potential. Mike, I'm curious, what's the preamp tube Orange stuck in the amp? Thanks again.

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

You won't believe it, but the Micro Terror has already landed. It came this morning, less than 24 hours after I ordered it. Thanks Sweetwater!

So what do you think guys, pretty menacing? That the cab I wrote about, along the new blonde on my life. I'm gonna run through the headphones after I write this because I have a speaker cable and extension jack also on order and it won't be here until Monday.

All I know is it's New Amp Day, no matter how small the amp is, and boy, is this thing micro!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1754036768.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	135736

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
I'm gonna run through the headphones after I write this because I have a speaker cable and extension jack also on order and it won't be here until Monday.
Wow, you're going to wait till Monday for the cable to try it out?
When I built my 2X10 I wired it up with a couple of test leads and off I went.

Anyhow, I'm sure it will sound great. Last night I tried all of my cabs and it rocked thru them all. As of last night my fav is the 2X8 with Weber Alnicos. Since the amp is only 20 Watts (more like 5 tube watts) it seems warmer not trying as hard to push a larger speaker cone. The sound (to me) gets clearer/brighter as the speaker size goes up.

Old July 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Good point, Mike, I can see that. I'm just wondering how much top end bite it'll have with the larger driver. I'll find out soon enough. Listening through the headphones was okay, but not something I like to do a lot. The cleans were darned nice, but the crunch was thin. That might have something to do with the single coils though.

The reason I have to wait is I'm hooking up from the speaker jack which is about three inches long coming out of the back and I need a female/female connector, which is on its way. I dunno, maybe I can figure a way to hook then up.

BTW, I pulled the tube out last night to check it out. It's a JJ ECC83S; their standard 12AX7 preamp tube. I figured it would be a cheaper tube so that impressed me. For fun though I'm going to look around for something different to compare with. It may not make much difference, but messing around is half the fun.

I'm glad you're enjoying the amp. It's boosted my interest in the amp knowing others are digging it too. What I'd really like to find is either a nice 1 X 12 or 2 X 10, and from what you're saying here, it might be a good match.

Mike, you running any effects into the MT? I'd love a little reverb/delay, but since just getting back into playing guitar, I have no pedals. I was kicking around the idea of just getting a muliti-effects pedal, but haven't decided as of yet. Oh how I love this hobby!

Old July 21st, 2012, 01:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
What I'd really like to find is either a nice 1 X 12 or 2 X 10, and from what you're saying here, it might be a good match.
Signature Series 8S
Only $35.00 Worth trying out

Quote:
Mike, you running any effects into the MT?
I have an Epiphone Valve Jr combo (Used $75.00)that I did the BitMo Spring Reverb conversion to, so I'm using it as an extension cab with the 8" Eminence Lady Luck. It's what the MT is sitting on in my vid
If I'm not using that I have an Alesis nanoverb, tiny and pretty good.

Old July 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I re-watched the video and really liked the tone you got out of your Tele and the different cabs. The reverb makes all the difference, especially with the 8" speaker. Great tone, LA! I'm wondering what two of Orange's 8 inch cabs might sound like.