Peavey Bandit Club - Page 19 - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Amp Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom amps and special model amps from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #361 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z
I own a Bandit Solo 75 75 Watt... back in 1990 a coil of guitar strings touched the back of the speaker and the amp shut off.... it has not been used since.... any idea what happened and how I could get this up and running again?
I would say the only thing you could have done is shorted across the speaker terminals -- on my newer (90's) Bandit there is a fuse or two on the circuit board. Maybe you blew a fuse.

Greg

Greg.Coal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #362 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJonz View Post
Quick question on a Bandit 65. Don't have a footswitch , and it seems stuck on the lead channel, where I keep pre on 9 oclock, post on 3 oclock, and keep the sat low, about 9 oclock, all with good results. Everyone says the normal channel sounds better, is that going to sound much different if I keep the same settings, only with no Sat? Also, another TDPer suggested I use a shorted out plug in the footswich channel, which would shut off the lead channl and put me on the normal channel. I tried that, but noticed that although the lead channel is shut off, and the normal channel now activated, there is no reverb. What gives? Gotta have verb.
I just checked on my bandit and if you don't push the plug in all the way you will get the normal channel Without Reverb. You must plug it in all the way and then you will have the normal channel and Reverb functioning.

Old January 25th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #363 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Solo Series Peavey Bandit 112 Schematics and Diagram needed!

Hi people I have a Solo Series Peavey Bandit 112, I love the Tone of this amp,
I like this Peavey, my father gave it to me this amp as a present when I was 15 year old (now Im 26).

My amp now has a little problem, If I play the amp in a low volume (level 1) It Sounds ok, but, If I put volume on level 2, after a minute of playing the Speaker starts to make a wierd and LOUD vibrations and it makes it impossible to have a Gig or rehersal with this amp because if that issue.

I have a frind that can repair the amp but he told me that he needs the Schematics and Diagram of this amp to have a better result.

Please if you have them please shere it to me :)

Thank you for reading this post

Please listen to my New Instrumental Rock Funk Fusion EP that my band and I recorded a month ago:

http://soundcloud.com/ccproject_fusi.../kinky-feeling

God Bless
walterockmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old January 25th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #364 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterockmx View Post
...he needs the Schematics and Diagram of this amp ...
Email Peavey customer service with the specific model you have and they will send you the schematic. At least that worked for me.

See the Peavey website for contact info.
dconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #365 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconeill View Post
Email Peavey customer service with the specific model you have and they will send you the schematic. At least that worked for me.

See the Peavey website for contact info.
Thank you very much!
:D

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #366 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I've got a Bandit 65 that I bought new in '86. It was my main amp for many years, and never let me down, unlike other more expensive amps I've owned. The pots are dirty from all the cigarette smoke they inhaled in the bars over the years, but otherwise, it still works fine. I also owned a Bandit 75 for a few years, and set them up like a mini stack. I liked the 65's preamp better because it had a post volume on the lead channel in addition to the saturation and pre volume. I plugged into the 65 and used it's pre out to feed the amp in on the 75. I sold the 75 when I bought my Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. I paid $230 for it brand new and for the same amount Fender and Marshall offered 15 watt practice amps with 8 inch speakers.

http://www.myspace.com/davidvining
gtrman56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #367 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Is there a TUBE MOD for the Solo Series Peavey Bandit 112?

Hi people!

I would like to know if is there any Tube mod for this amp!?

I like the tone of this transistor amp, but, I think that if this amp can be moded with 12AX7 in the preamp and/or 6L6 in power amp section it could Sound FANTASTIC :D

please let me know it if you know something about this.

here is my latin fusion band:
http://www.facebook.com/palapafunk

God Bless

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #368 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Just finished 2 hours practice with my Bandit 112 hooked up to my external AX84 12-inch cab. So 2 12-inch speakers at what I would call a medium bedroom level. I couldn't help but notice how nice and clean it was, but a little harder on the attack caused a nice break-up. Really touch sensitive. T Dynamics knob at 100%. Speaker in the Bandit is the stocker from a Blues Jr. and the one in the cab is a Jensen Jet Falcon. Really nice combo.
Commodore 64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #369 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I wasn't aware that you could get nice harmonics and such on the clean channel until just recently. So, I know what you mean.

However, why T Dynamics at 100%? I thought that if it is turned to 10% the effect will kick in at a lower volume. Or, is that just how you like it?

Thanks
Greg

Old January 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #370 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterockmx View Post
Is there a TUBE MOD for the Solo Series Peavey Bandit 112? . . . I would like to know if is there any Tube mod for this amp!? [ s n i p ] please let me know it if you know something about this. . . . .
Although a single tube pre-amp circuit is simple, you also need to add a power supply for the high voltage of the grid (if I have that right). And, the tube would have to be mounted sideways (for height reasons).

Behringer makes the "VINTAGE TUBE OVERDRIVE VT911" pedal which has a tube in it. I think this is a popular pedal and popular for modding. That might be a better idea than trying to add a tube to the amp itself.

Others make tube pedals, too. I don't know much about them. I have an ART tube mic preamp and have used it in front of the Peavey (with a guitar) and it wasn't worth the trouble.

Good luck,
Greg

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #371 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrman56
I've got a Bandit 65 that I bought new in '86. It was my main amp for many years, and never let me down, unlike other more expensive amps I've owned. The pots are dirty from all the cigarette smoke they inhaled in the bars over the years, but otherwise, it still works fine. I also owned a Bandit 75 for a few years, and set them up like a mini stack. I liked the 65's preamp better because it had a post volume on the lead channel in addition to the saturation and pre volume. I plugged into the 65 and used it's pre out to feed the amp in on the 75. I sold the 75 when I bought my Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. I paid $230 for it brand new and for the same amount Fender and Marshall offered 15 watt practice amps with 8 inch speakers.
Lol the Marshall at that time were the Lead and Reverb 12s ..12 watts thru a 10..
They are still pretty common, and sell for around $100 used,....with not much trouble you can score a Bandit for that.
The more things change....
Warm Gums is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #372 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterockmx
Is there a TUBE MOD for the Solo Series Peavey Bandit 112?

Hi people!

I would like to know if is there any Tube mod for this amp!?

I like the tone of this transistor amp, but, I think that if this amp can be moded with 12AX7 in the preamp and/or 6L6 in power amp section it could Sound FANTASTIC :D

please let me know it if you know something about this.

here is my latin fusion band:
http://www.facebook.com/palapafunk

God Bless
This would be WAY more trouble than it is worth, not to mention the costs involved.
The Bandit is what it is and what it is is pretty good..
If you want something similar with tubes look for a Encore or perhaps a Fender Champ 25
Warm Gums is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #373 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Well I finally got some time to take a photo ( it's Australia Day today and it's a holiday ).. I forgot to take a before photo but this 25 yo Bandit cleaned up real nice.... what do ya'll think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0029.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110696  
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #374 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Well I finally got some time to take a photo ( it's Australia Day today and it's a holiday ).. I forgot to take a before photo but this 25 yo Bandit cleaned up real nice.... what do ya'll think?
I think you have a great set-up and you can put "the search" behind you for some time now. Just enjoy playing!

Greg

Old January 26th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #375 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I haven't really figured out what the T. Dynamics knob actually does. I just leave it at 100%, and was especially pleased with the amps tone and response last night. Perhaps I'll fiddle with it a bit more tonight.
Commodore 64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #376 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Thanks Greg,
Yeah I'm really enjoying it now, just gotta make a pedal board. I have some mods coming for the cs3 and see how that goes or I might get rid of it and invest in an Ego Comp.
Cheers,
Tim
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #377 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I didn't read all 10 pages of this thread before I posted so if I ask a question that's covered in the thread, don't shoot me.

Picked up a red line Bandit today for $175. USA made. Might have overpaid a little but I'm fine with the deal. It sounds pretty sweet. It hums intermittently a little though, not too loud, maybe a cold solder joint or something? Probably wouldn't even notice it on a gig. It didn't hum at the guys house I bought it from but none of my other amps hum like this at my house. No worries until I take it out on a gig and see how it behaves.

Anyway great cleans and great over driven sounds. Not a fan of the T-Dynamics, seems to dampen the amp too much, like the sound better with resonance set to loose, more bottom end I think. Didn't look at the manual before I adjusted it but I wound up running the controls on the clean channel pretty close to what's in the manual for clean.

It's a little heavier than I expected, is it an MDF cab? I see it has a decent size transformer. I'm guessing that's the output transformer? The speaker doesn't look like it has a very big magnet on it so I'm guessing most of the weight is the transformer and the cabinet? Maybe I'll just put some wheels on it.

The older I get the less a lifetime warranty means to me.

My Web Page
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #378 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

About the price you paid, I'd say $175 is fair market value. I've tracked sales of Bandits and other amps on eBay for quite a while now. Nearly 3 weeks ago, one sold for $192.54. And of the 15 red stripe Bandits that sold on eBay from August through December of last year, the average price was $185.92. So I'd say ya done good, brother!

As for the hum, I'm betting your right; if it's not too loud at home, you probably won't notice it at a gig.

As for the weight of your red stripe Bandit, the manual lists it as 43.9 lbs. The "silver stripe" version of the Bandit predating your red stripe weighed a whopping 46.5 lbs. And the one after yours, the current configuration of the Bandit, lists at 40.9 lbs. I don't know what the cab of the red stripe is made of, but like you I'd guess that the weight is mostly due to the transformer and the cabinet.

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett
LGOberean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #379 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat56
It's a little heavier than I expected, is it an MDF cab? I see it has a decent size transformer. I'm guessing that's the output transformer? The speaker doesn't look like it has a very big magnet on it so I'm guessing most of the weight is the transformer and the cabinet? Maybe I'll just put some wheels on it.
I think we say transistor amps don't require output transformers so it would be your power transformer. A simple thing to do for your bandit would be to replace all the op-amps. About a dollar a piece.

Get the schematic from the Internet or Peavey. Is the humming related to the reverb? As in, when you turn the reverb up the hum increases?
Greg

Old January 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #380 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.Coal View Post
I think we say transistor amps don't require output transformers so it would be your power transformer. A simple thing to do for your bandit would be to replace all the op-amps. About a dollar a piece.

Get the schematic from the Internet or Peavey. Is the humming related to the reverb? As in, when you turn the reverb up the hum increases?
Greg
Hums intermittently. I tried turning the different pots up and down to see if it would make a difference and it did not. Also with a cable and guitar plugged in made no difference. At first I though it was the foot switch but nope hums with it or without it.

I don't think it's going to prevent me from using it on gigs but I was just a little surprised by it. The hiss is worse than the hum when the volume turned up on the amp and when I engage the lead channel.

The older I get the less a lifetime warranty means to me.

My Web Page
strat56 is offline   Reply With Quote