Roland Blues Cube Fan Club - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Amp Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom amps and special model amps from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 26th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Roland Blues Cube Fan Club

Just picked up the 112 -- and really like it.

Anybody know how to mod the thing to get the boost function footswitchable?

fatherjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Aww, finally, a club that I qualify for...and only one post.

Count me a HUGE fan of the Blues Cube BC-60. I got the last one MF had when they were clearancing them about four years ago, and it's been a winner. It's my preferred amp for smaller club gigs. Our bass player, whose opinions I trust, tells me he thinks it's a really fine sounding amp. My only complaint is, on every one of the knobs save one, the brass center piece has fallen off.
Thomas47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I'll jump aboard this one also. I've had a BC-60 1x12 for a couple of years that I purchased on eBay. I've always been a Roland enthusiast, as I also have a JC-90, a DAC-50, and a Micro-cube.

The BC-60 was my main gigging amp for the last 2 years, but I recently brought a Pro-Tube Concert 1x12 into the fold- another eBay find.

The reverb has never worked on my BC, and I was thinking today, actually that I should possibly try a new tank, or plug the leads into a tank that I know works- and go from there.
Vker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old June 21st, 2009, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
BB
Friend of Leo's

I've been very happy with my BC-60 for the past 12 years or so. Great cleans with plenty of headroom and the crunch tones are splendid. Never figured out how to footswitch the boost function, ( one of the few niggles, but certainly liveable ) but I have found it to be very responsive to my guitars volume control, so I can roll in and out of clean to mean tones fairly easy. It is also very pedal friendly

The last gig I played I used my trusty tele, the BC, a Dyna Red Distortion, old Marshall Bluesbreaker, Ibanez VL-10 volume pedal and a Digidelay ( run in the effects loop ) .......The other guitar player ran his strat into a Marshall TSL head w/ 4-12 cab and a Fulltone GT distortion. He got a great tone, but to tell the truth, I much preferred the tone coming out of my rig....and judging from audience member comments, ( both friends and strangers ) so did the crowd.

I've thought of seeling it a few times over the years, but those thoughts fade when I have the opportunity to open it up a bit. Much like a tube amp, it really comes to life once the volume is cranked a bit. All in all, one of the better sounding and feeling solid state amps I've had the pleasure to use over the past 40 + years of playing....and, it has sent quite a few well reviewed tube amps packing. If I was still gigging constantly, I'd look hard for another to run stereo.
BB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Our bass player, whose opinions I trust, tells me he thinks it's a really fine sounding amp.
I will not take this opportunity to find humor at the expense of bass players everywhere (Reader, please insert gratuitous Bass Player Joke of your own choice) i've heard they are great amps and i want several !!!

Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I have a Cube 60 and really like it. I haven't tried a BC 60 yet so I'll keep an eye on one.

Old June 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Only thing about the Blues Cube 60, is how heavy it is for a solid state amp. I had the 1x12 BC60 for a while and was surprised at its weight. Nice sounding amp though.
monkmiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I love my BC-60 310. I have owned amongst others a Roland JC-120, A silverface Pro Reverb, a Sessionette (what a BEAST that amp is), but I like the BC-60 best. Check this out for the boost modification:

http://sites.google.com/site/bcsixty/Home/bc60mod

I haven't tried it but I do put a jumper lead across the FX loop for extra wallop.

If you can get your hands on one of these amps, grab it, but make sure you're fit and healthy because it weighs 60 pounds.
songofthewind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I've got a Blues Cube 60 1x12 too. Excellent SS amp... sounds and feels like tubes, with that "power supply sag" circuit. Really nice sounding spring reverb too, and it has plenty of volume when you need it. The crunch circuit sounds very natural and "tube-y" too. And as others have mentioned, it's a heavy amp, so it's lived most of it's life bungie-tied to one of those chrome plated fold-up "luggage handtrucks" you see at the airport.

Old June 27th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I had a BC-30 for a while. I bought it used for $69 with an Eminence Tonker in it. It was a very good amp!

Old July 19th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I have both the 1 x 12 and 3 x 10 versions of the BC-60 and what excellent amps they truly are. Lovely full, warm sounds and more than adequate clean headroom, which can be boosted a little bit by patching the "send" and "return" sockets for the effects loop. Certainly on the weighty side, especially the 3 x 10 (my example has wheels fitted) but this is a result of the sturdy particle-board construction.

Right now I gig my digital Cube 60 most of the time but the Blues Cubes get occasional outings and never fail to impress.

I cried because I had no shoes - until I met a man who had no feet...
Tony474 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

BC-30 user here........still dialing it in,but it sounds good.The stock speaker sounds a little too twangy though.

MASTER VOLUME? WHAT'S A MASTER VOLUME?
refin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

How about a Roland Blues Cube club?

I'll be the first to sign on. [Already had one, so your post was moved over here. -- Mod.] BC30, run a TS9 through the clean along with a Behringer DR600. Cheap reverb tone but it works and I can get the sound I like. The 30 is absolutely a tone machine. thanks

Last edited by Chris S.; February 6th, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
longbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I just traded in/up a Blues Cube 30/210 for a BC 60. These are a beautiful little secret! Love my Roland !

Old April 11th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

The Blues Cube was the best SS amp I have ever owned or even heard. One of the only regrets I have in my life is selling that amp.

I used to think I was the only one that ever really appreciated that amp until I joined up on this forum. One of these days I'll grab a used one hopefully.

Old April 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

The BC-60 with 3 10's is the only Solid State amp I currently own. I had a BC-30 too but my girlfriend's daughter appropriated it. I like them both - very reliable and they sound pretty good, especially the 60.
p90grinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaster View Post
Reader, please insert gratuitous Bass Player Joke of your own choice...
OK, can't resist... Not new, but:

Q. How many bass players does it take to change a light bulb?

A. None. The keyboard player can do it with his left hand.

Alternative answer:

One, Five, One, Five...

Old June 20th, 2010, 03:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

If anybody is interested, I've got a BC60 112 for sale on eBay, in the UK. I know I'm going to regret this....
songofthewind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2010, 06:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by songofthewind View Post
If anybody is interested, I've got a BC60 112 for sale on eBay, in the UK. I know I'm going to regret this....
With the greatest reluctance I recently sold my BC-60 310 the same way and sure enough I regret it too. However, with all the amps I had, space was an issue. But I still have my 112 and no way in the world will I part with that.

For info, my 310 went for 221.00, a not unreasonable figure. Hope your 112 realises a decent price as well.

BTW, did you eventually get that TM60 we were talking about?

Old October 16th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas47 View Post
Aww, finally, a club that I qualify for...and only one post.

Count me a HUGE fan of the Blues Cube BC-60. I got the last one MF had when they were clearancing them about four years ago, and it's been a winner. It's my preferred amp for smaller club gigs. Our bass player, whose opinions I trust, tells me he thinks it's a really fine sounding amp. My only complaint is, on every one of the knobs save one, the brass center piece has fallen off.
Hello. I just picked up a BC-60 and to me it sounds "Farty" or "Fizzy on all settings, it won't clean up at all..I tried the speaker with other amps and it worked great, do you have any suggestion on what I can try to get a clean sound? Thanks.
Johnny Rock is offline   Reply With Quote