Anyone know what's going on with Weber VST? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 16th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Anyone know what's going on with Weber VST?

I have been trying to get a hold of someone there via e-mail 3x, phoned many times and even filled out their technical support e-mail on their website, asked for help on the speaker forum...I have heard nothing.....just to get a couple Weber brand speakers reconed.

It's been over a week and I'm frankly fumed at this point.

Anybody have any ideas what's happening over there? Thx

"I'm a man who believes that right is right and wrong is wrong. Treat me right, and I will give you my all. Treat me wrong, and I will give you nothing. They don't like me for that, but that's the way I am." - Johnny Paycheck
CancerLeoCam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerLeoCam View Post
I have been trying to get a hold of someone there via e-mail 3x, phoned many times and even filled out their technical support e-mail on their website, asked for help on the speaker forum...I have heard nothing.....just to get a couple Weber brand speakers reconed.

It's been over a week and I'm frankly fumed at this point.

Anybody have any ideas what's happening over there? Thx

Well, you've just asked the $64,000 question.

Their website says they lost their recone guy and are training another.

11 Gauge says they are moving.

I don't know myself, but it's not like Ted and it is frustrating. I've tried unsuccessfully 4 times over the last week or two myself.
postjob62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Emailed three weeks ago and two weeks ago regarding a damaged MiniMASS and nada. I ended up repairing it myself.
quackerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

They are done with their move. I just received a kit yesterday, and I have gotten return emails.

Don't know nothin' 'bout no reconin', tho...
TelZilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I saw the reconing statement as well. I began processing the form they requested but I needed to know what the cost was going to be and the ET of completion to do the recones. If it was gonna be outrageous I would just eBay sell them to someone who wants to recone on their own. Considering I've bought a bunch of stuff from them over the years and have not ever had this kind of "zero communication" as I'm getting I can't figure it out.
"I'm a man who believes that right is right and wrong is wrong. Treat me right, and I will give you my all. Treat me wrong, and I will give you nothing. They don't like me for that, but that's the way I am." - Johnny Paycheck

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

AFAIK, the move was only part of it.

I think Ted wanted to address some issues (like reconing), so that they wouldn't be carried over to the new facility. Internal restructuring, if you will. I'm sure he's got more room, new machines, and everyone's probably still getting a feel for the new layout.

Growth always has snags - the biggest one is getting back up to production speed in a new facility. I used to work for Sweetheart/Solo Cup. I got hired when they were transitioning their corporate graphics department from Springfield MO to Owings Mills MD. Everything in the department was brand new, including the office spaces, themselves. From 12/01 to 3/02, it was a living hell...

...But I bet that Ted will have everything up and running smoothly in a very short period of time. I think just a little more patience is in order.

Thank goodness other places will do a good recone or similar services, in the meantime. This would also explain why Ted gave a fellow TDPRI'er a good opinion of the Eminence Legend series.

Old November 16th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

All I can say is be patient...

I have a warranty problem with a 12F150 and it took about a week for Ted to get back with me...but he did get back with me.

I think they are playing "catch up"...not that it's any reason not to answer any inquiries.

Old November 16th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Gauge View Post
... I think just a little more patience is in order...
I, and others I know, have always found Ted to respond quite quickly to our inquiries.

If you have ever run a business that was in some sort of transition you know that these sort of things do and quite frequently occur.
Big Lug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Ted is usually very fast, so I'm sure there's a good reason -- or several. That said, I have also been waiting for a response to an e-mail and an online form request for about a week.........
Hoodster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

There are many good reconer's around. I would expect that Ted sells hi recone kiiit's to them. Myabe Orange County Speaker Repiar if you're in Southern CA. I'm using Inner Sound in Portland, OR these days. THey bought Brownell's old recone business and took Mike McIntosh, the reconer as part of the deal. Mike is the best reconer I've worked with. I (knock on wood) haven't had to do a recones for a year so things may have changed over there but if you;re in northern CA - Inner Sound might be worth a shot. Mike is good peeps.
4mal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by postjob62 View Post
I don't know myself, but it's not like Ted and it is frustrating. I've tried unsuccessfully 4 times over the last week or two myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodster View Post
Ted is usually very fast, so I'm sure there's a good reason -- or several. That said, I have also been waiting for a response to an e-mail and an online form request for about a week.........

That may be good and well, but in my personal experience - it is wholely untrue.

Ted has NEVER been fast and this is very much how Ted was (unlike Ted?) when I did business with him - this was long before any move/recone crap... this was a few years ago.

He gave me the runaround, conflicting stories, weak excuses. He didn't even really try to be convincing. Over a month later I finally got what I ordered... to this day, I still don't know the TRUE story, nor do I care. Lie to the tax man, don't lie to your customers.

I'd suggest ordering from businesses that are CONSISTENT.

3 Gibsons, 5 Teles, assorted other guitars, about a dozen amps, about two dozen pedals, a Smith & Wesson SW40VE, & a .40 SIG Sauer P226R = too many toys, no money, carpal tunnel, and a serious hearing problem.
JohnnyCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Wow that sucks Johnny. I've ordered several things from ted and never had a problem. Most people seem to applaude his customer service. For some weird reason, I think you were the exception to the rule. That sucks. It's happened to me before too.

Old November 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I received a post reply from Ted-it's the moving thing causing all the headache.

Old November 16th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I had 2 Weber P12N’s develop rubs over the years. Each time the speaker was lost or ignored and he eventually sent a new one to replace it. He has added so many products over the last 10 years that he is always growing “too fast” in my opinion.

Both times the recone request was taking too long I posted onto a discussion board to see if others were experiencing similar delays. Both times the replacement showed up a few days later.

Now that you have posted, the Weber Recone Karma Gods will have something placed into the mail for you soon.

If it says "Vintage" on it -it isn't.
jjmantele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

petebradt is offline   Reply With Quote