Complaint about Roland Cube's Reverb - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 6th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Complaint about Roland Cube's Reverb

I have a Roland Cube 80 that continues to amaze me how good it is especially for the price. The only thing that bothers me is the reverb. The spring reverb is really a mushy mess. How can they model everything else close to perfection and not get this right? I don't understand. The plate reverb ok, not the greatest thing for a guitar, but ok. On other amps a nice spring reverb is the most important thing to me right after a great clean sound.

Sorry, I had to get it out.

Grandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I know what you mean. The spring reverb effect is OK at lower settings but once you bump it up to a "surfs up" level it's not the same as a spring reverb tank. That must be harder to do digitally than it seems because the digital one on my Bugera v5 is like that too. That one is fine too if you keep the setting too but once you bump it it's not all the crystal clean.

Personally I just started using the plate reverb on my 40xl because to my ears it actually sounds a little better. Or the other option would be to get a really good reverb pedal like a tc electronic which has numerous settings and see if you don't find one there that doesn't help the situation. I think their reverb and delay pedals are far better than Boss which is what the Cubes effects are modeled after.

IME nothing beats the old spring reverb tanks or they would all have been replaced by digital ones long ago. They can be finicky and prone to breaking but they still do what digital models seem to struggle with.
CS Nocaster; "Nashcaster"; MP Thinline; MIM/Nashville; Squier CVC; Lenti Esquire; Peavey Generation Custom EX, Taylor 214ce-dlx; Breedlove C250cme; Roland Cube 40xl; Roland Blues Cube; Bugera v5; Ampeg GVT-112e, CV JBass; CV PBass; tc BG250 1x15 Bass Amp.
soulman969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulman969 View Post
Personally I just started using the plate reverb on my 40xl because to my ears it actually sounds a little better.
I agree. I have an 80XL, and never use the spring setting. The plate actually sounds pretty good.
ProToneThinline is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting