The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Ibanez TSA30 combo - any tried on yet?

I almost took home the TSA15 not too long ago - can't fault it far as bang for the buck goes but I held off due to the 15w output - I need more clean headroom to hang with a drummer on club dates. Also the cleans, while solid and serviceable, did lack some sparkle and character.

I'm wondering how the 6L6 output stage sounds, if anyone has seen them around and had the chance to plug into one.

tjalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I just bought the TSA15H and absolutely love it! its just right for my needs I replaced the stock tubes with some vintage tubes i had kicking around and it really did make a nice subtle difference.

I went back today to the place were i bought it to get a delay pedal and was messing around with the TS30 combo , sounded great to me a little more juice is always nice. It was $599 , Honestly for the same money I am seriously looking at the Carvin V3M. I think that's my next purchase. it sound like a TSA30 head is coming out anytime soon.

Damned if you do, bored of you don't.
Allthesound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

Jon

I have just bought the TSA30...It seems amazing so far.

My initial concern was the fact that it was Made in China... (Quality concerns?)...But so far quality seems fine, and aside from that its everything I need in an amp without paying crazy prices for top-of-the-range marshall and Mesa Boogie combos...

It has enough power and volume to outdo our drummer (and he's loud!), even when playing clean...

The tubescreamer channel sounds fantastic too...Great distorted tube tone...

Seperate EQ section and footswitch controllable, added to the line-out facility into a cab/stack. All this (and a great retro white colour scheme) for a cost of R5000 (about US$600)...The other ams that compared ito tone and sound quality came in at R15000 and above (about US$1800).

Im super happy with it!
kznlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Sponsored by...