Selling Mesa boogie.. - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Advertise on the TDPRI Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Selling Mesa boogie..

Hello all. I have a Mesa boogie f100 deluxe 2x12 combo and it has served well these past 3 years but it's time to put 'er down. I bought this amp because i was in a full-time metal band and it was capable of supplying endless distortion and it was loud enough to cave your head in.

Now however, I have sold my PRS, I never play metal and I have a Gibson lespaul studio and a am std tele. I lead praise and worship and play at restaurants and bars so I pretty much stick to praise and worship, lighter rock, classic rock and country. This amp is way too much for my needs. I only play the clean channel and just use my tube screamer and I havent turned the volume past 9 o clock in years. This being all tube I know that this low volume is tone sucking and this thing is freaking HEAVY! Heaviest amp I've ever had and this is my first combo.

So I need something new. I gather from eBay and Craigslist I'll probably only get like 700 for this amp (1300 new) but that's ok. I want something in the 20-40 watt range, preferably a 1/12 or 2/10 and I want something cable of shimmering cleans, fat and sensitive "class A" type sound but also something that will give some nice natural breakup and crunch. Sonething that will fill a room and compete with drums but not drive folks away in tears. Any ideas in this price range? What do you suggest?

Sometimesyoudie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Tweaker 15 or 40 watt 1x12 combo? Just got the 15watt head and couldn't be happier with it, great cleans and crunch too
Pistonhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I'd suggest my Tweaker head or my Mesa Subway Rocket combo since I'm in ATL too, but I have a buyer coming in about 15 minutes for my Boogie already...

The Egnater stuff is hard to beat for my needs...Very worth looking into.
modestglock26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I've considered these egnators whats the difference between tweaker and rebel series? My only concern is (and this could be my big amp bias talking) but is 15watts really loud enough for full band and mid size club setting?

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

In similar to you in that I have a big amp bias too, I've just downsized from a 100watt jcm900 to the tweaker 15watt.
Let me tell you this thing is LOUD! Remember that dividing the watts by 10 halves the volume, so the tweaker is only half the volume, or 3db quiter than a 100watt valve head.

Also bear in mind that the wattage is quoted as clean power, 5% thd on the tweaker. Flat out and with fully saturated output section it could put out as much as 30 watts.

I would have no probs gigging the tweaker in a mid size club, but If you need a clean sound you may want to go for the 40watt for increased clean headroom at gig levels.

Personally I just use dirty sounds really, so I have no issues with the 15watt.

Also bear in mind that you can pair a head with a more efficient speaker for increased volume.
Pistonhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Hm. So why tweaker over rebel?

Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestglock26 View Post
I'd suggest my Tweaker head or my Mesa Subway Rocket combo since I'm in ATL too, but I have a buyer coming in about 15 minutes for my Boogie already...

The Egnater stuff is hard to beat for my needs...Very worth looking into.
Hey I think I might've talked to you on Craigslist. Why you selling the Subway rocket? I've considered the 5:25,5:50 and the trans Atlantic but I think I want to move away from Mesa sound

Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I had it on there...sadly it just left my house about 10 minutes ago to a worthy player who got it for a good deal...thanks to uncle sam.

I personally prefer the Tweaker over the Rebel because when I demo'd them I found the Tweaker really shined and offered me way more tonal variety then the Rebel.

The Rebel has the watt/tube knobs and for me needs they hardly did any good.

The Tweaker for me really shines in the US mode on the clean setting with just a little bit of gain added in. Love it. For me, that tone with a reverb and a delay is all I could really ever need.

Big fan of the Egnater line, and think my next buy may be one of the Tweakers bigger brothers.

If you decide you want to try the Tweaker just let me know and I'd let it go for a good deal just because I'm thinning the heard in general and since all of my recent playing/recording has gone straight thru my computer I wouldn't mind being ampless until I decide which path to take.
modestglock26 is offline   Reply With Quote