Telecaster Guitar Forum

Telecaster Guitar Forum (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amp Central Station (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-central-station/)
-   -   opinion..best.telecaster amp...in studio ...on stage? (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-central-station/314300-opinion-best-telecaster-amp-studio-stage.html)

4telecaster4 February 19th, 2012 03:20 PM

opinion..best.telecaster amp...in studio ...on stage?

curious what people think the better/ best telecaster amp in studio or/and on the stage would be.....of course i know everyones ears and music styles are different ....so this is general opinion .....know Brad paisley likes the Z's and train wreaks ....alot of times i see fender hot rods on TV....i have a deluxe reverb... a bandmaster ....and a fender stage 112se....which with a compressor in front sounds alot like the clean channel of a hot rod..so. thoughts...best studio..????..best stage.???? .....are mine the best amps..?...I know ..there are better out there ......your opinion on the matter

4telecaster4 February 19th, 2012 03:27 PM

opinion..best.telecaster amp...in studio ...on stage?

curious what people think the better/ best telecaster amp in studio or/and on the stage would be.....of course i know everyones ears and music styles are different ....so this is general opinion .....know Brad paisley likes the Z's and train wreaks ....alot of times i see fender hot rods on TV....i have a deluxe reverb... a bandmaster ....and a fender stage 112se....which with a compressor in front sounds alot like the clean channel of a hot rod..so. thoughts...best studio..????..best stage.???? .....are mine the best amps..?...I know ..there are better out there ......your opinions on the matter

Jazzerstang February 19th, 2012 03:28 PM

for studio- PR or vibro-champ with a nice reverb unit/pedal. I'd rock that!
stage- mic that PR

telex76 February 19th, 2012 03:50 PM

All around amp, have to go with Deluxe Reverb.

dylanfan424 February 19th, 2012 03:51 PM

Fender 1959 tweed deluxe 5e3 circuit

teleamp February 19th, 2012 03:52 PM

Princeton Reverb

Kyluckyman February 19th, 2012 03:56 PM

Marty Stuart and Kenny Vaughn both use Silverface Princeton Reverbs. Marty once said he could get any sound out of his rig he wanted. If I was a gigging musician I'd look at the PR, the Twin and the Deluxe and go from there.

chippertheripper February 19th, 2012 03:58 PM

Too many amps, too many styles, too many words, not enough brainpower to put it all in order.

twangster2 February 19th, 2012 03:59 PM

I played thru a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic the other day.

It's a tele players dream.

Can cover everything from chicking picking to classic rock.

chippertheripper February 19th, 2012 04:00 PM

Double post.

BillyC February 19th, 2012 04:09 PM

Peavey classic series on stage, Princeton Reverb, Champ or any low watt EL84 amp for the studio.

4telecaster4 February 19th, 2012 04:42 PM

a friend has the lonestar...really nice amp....i remember in 70's every country band seemed to have peaveys......even some of the southern rock bands had them.....the PR......is a wonderful amp....wish i had at least one of the two i used to have....they were probably used on 90% of songs ever recorded in the sixties ......i do love my dr....'68......use it all the time.....

3 Chord February 19th, 2012 04:44 PM

It's up to the player to make the amp sound good. Some guys get by with almost anything, Marty is one of them.

The PR is a good choice for certain types of music. So are some non Fender amps. The PV Classic 30 works for some.

I think the amps you have all could sound pretty decent. It's the licks and note placement that get my attention over what has the best tone.

joshigh February 19th, 2012 04:53 PM

Those Lonestars are cool looking amps. But geesh, I don't know if I have the mental power to operate them. They are like little futuristic robots!

fezz parka February 19th, 2012 04:55 PM

5e3.

4telecaster4 February 19th, 2012 05:03 PM

i agree....about lonestar....im a plug and play player....minimal pedals....i glad to see people liking the 5E....i was thinking of getting a 5E kit...sometime in the next 6 months...

Strongpersuader February 19th, 2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fezz parka (Post 3945095)
5e3.

+1

Some may even say it can be just a one trick poney, but geesh this amp in the hands of the right player that knows how to use all its power and nuances can produce some tones definitely made in heaven. IMHO of course.

greggorypeccary February 19th, 2012 05:43 PM

You'll get as many different answers as there are players here....

Vox66 February 19th, 2012 06:12 PM

My '63 AC30 rules the stage and studio.

firemedic February 19th, 2012 07:39 PM

For studio work anything will do, but the Tweed tone seems to cut thru the mix better when playing live. Marshalls, also, have more midrange. Whatever you use, make sure it's tube.