Italia amps? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Italia amps?

I'm digging the sound (and the looks) of Italia guitars. I see they also do some similarly cool looking and fairly cheap solid state amps. Anyone tried them?

hessodreamy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
Tele-Afflicted

They sure have a 50s Vespa look! I wouldn't expect much at that price. But I could be wrong.
StephaninMelb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaninMelb View Post
They sure have a 50s Vespa look! I wouldn't expect much at that price. But I could be wrong.
I wouldn't expect much from the guitars at the price they are, but they've got a certain something, I'd say (opinion based entirely on internet demos!), so I keep an open mind on the amps. Would be interesting to see if the vintage styling also comes with vintage (style) tone, or at least an attempt at (like so many vintage amp pedals do) even from a solid state amp.
hessodreamy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Tele-Afflicted

Well the Danelectros from 45 plus years ago turned out to be good mojo, so anything is possible. Cheap isn't necessarily bad.

Hell we used to put pickups in those little kids tiny pianos and they had a certain charm.

I'd expect to find a surprise on the lower end because with regular commercial guitar stuff everyone gets locked into status quo...
StephaninMelb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

hey , yeah i bought an italia retro 10, amazing looking little amp , it has great clean tones and overdrive channel is good for blues and have used it with a lapsteel.

The best thing I have done with the amp was to slot the amp out of its cab and put a jack output on it and then run it through at 12" celestion , wow, really great tone , literally shocked at the amp , sounds great and it only cost me 40 , i have had a few band practices using the amp at a head with the 12" speaker and its easily loud enough to compete with a loud drummer ,just great , saved me on numerous occasions where my marshall has failed on me.

If you have a spare 40 get an italia retro 10.

fantastic amp
haza560 is offline   Reply With Quote