Fender Supersonic - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old May 28th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Fender Supersonic

Hey All,

I just sold my Hot Rod Deluxe! Finally! I was not a fan of it and wasn't giving me what I wanted. I have been intrigued lately by Fender's Supersonic line. Seems to be a great concept in delivering classic Fender tones from the Deluxe/Twin Reverb spectrum and the Bassman spectrum. Also, with the Burn channel, the ability to deliver some higher gain Marshall type British sounds. Also, I believe it had the Master Volume and the Effects Loop. I played through the Head and Cab configuration and was surprised at how nice the amp sounded.

Wanted to get everyone' s thoughts on this amp line! Especially advice from anyone that might own one of these interesting amps!

Thanks

James

brucefan12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I thought about buying one as well. I was leaning toward the head because of weight/portability. It turns out the head does not have reverb. Other than that, they are identical. I'm also a bit leery of the newer Fender products. I read somewhere the reissue amps are not true copies of the amps they were built to be like, but are "as close for the money" as possible. So why call it a ReIssue ?
I'll stick with the vintage stuff.

Mike

Old May 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I tried one a few years back, and it's tone and sound was very impressive. A great amp for stage performance, not so much for home use. I think it's sweet spot is at moderate to loud volumes.

DOGMA Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old May 28th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

There was one on local cl here yesterday for crazy cheap. Just went back to check on it and it's gone (of course).

Never played one in person, but it's one of my favorites to play around with in Amplitube Fender.

There's a demo version of Amplitube Fender. Of course it isn't the same as actually playing an amp, but it's a decent way to compare the various Fender models if you don't otherwise have access to them.
fuzzworks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefgames View Post
I'm also a bit leery of the newer Fender products. I read somewhere the reissue amps are not true copies of the amps they were built to be like, but are "as close for the money" as possible. So why call it a ReIssue ?
They are reissues in that they are built using the same circuits but modern manufacturing processes, which means PCB boards. Fender DOES make identical copies of the older stuff if you want to spend the money, but most people don't. They use the term "reissue" to differentiate the new product from the original. The term "reissue" comes from the music publishing world and has never meant "a perfect replica" but rather an album that has been re-released and often *changed* for some reason, such as when a new format (like CD) comes out or an offensive track is removed.

Names are chosen by marketing types, anyway. Who cares? Are the amps good or not?
fuzzworks is offline   Reply With Quote