peavey reverb tank replacement - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

peavey reverb tank replacement

hi again
I have a peavey bandit 75 amp year 1988 very clean but the reverb thank as been replace I think,it as a accutronics tank 2 spring model and the reverb is not strong at all.I will contact peavey about it but what do I need to ask peavey about a replacement tank resistance inpendence .Im not sure what do I need to know or ask...
any help is appreciated
thank's

tele's and others>TU2>DOD FX80B>MXR Wylde O.D.>BOSS OD3>MXR phaser 90>A/B selector box>amp's:Fender Twinn Reverb>peavey Bandit 112 & classic 30
flag72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Measure the resistance at the tank. You should read 600ohms on the input jack and 2,250 ohms on the output if you have the long tank. Short tanks for PEaveys measure 800 ohms on the input and 2575 ohms on the output.
tubes and more---Antique Electronic Supply----has the tanks IF that is the problem. IT is not a given that the tank is your problem.
IF there is a code on the tank, that might help us identify whether or not that is the correct tank for your amp.
4EB2C1B is the long tank.
8EB2C1B is the short tank.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

hey wally
I know it's the long accutronics tank I will check the ###.but what else could be the probleme.or should I buy a 63 reverb pedal from BOSS it was my intention a few eek's back

tele's and others>TU2>DOD FX80B>MXR Wylde O.D.>BOSS OD3>MXR phaser 90>A/B selector box>amp's:Fender Twinn Reverb>peavey Bandit 112 & classic 30
flag72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Have you dropped the chassis and checked the board connectior/s?..most of those were some kind of push on connector/s. I recently picked up a Envoy for cheep beacuse of week verb, after checking the tank and tank plugs (all OK) I dropped the chassis and found that the connector that pluged the tank leads into the board was barely hanging on, I push it on tight and vola full thick surf aproved verb
This often happens if somethhing like the power cord gets tangled up in the 'verb leads and pulls on them.
Warm Gums is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Measure the resistance at the tank. You should read 600ohms on the input jack and 2,250 ohms on the output if you have the long tank. Short tanks for PEaveys measure 800 ohms on the input and 2575 ohms on the output.
tubes and more---Antique Electronic Supply----has the tanks IF that is the problem. IT is not a given that the tank is your problem.
IF there is a code on the tank, that might help us identify whether or not that is the correct tank for your amp.
4EB2C1B is the long tank.
8EB2C1B is the short tank.

I think the measured resistance values will be much different (less) than the spec'd impedance for the tanks (impedance is what the spec, not DC resistance) , so be careful what you conclude from these measurements.
bdgregory is online now   Reply With Quote

Old November 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

flag, if you are familiar with working inside a chassis on an amp and know the dangers, then checking things out as Warm Gums suggests might be beneficial. That is a solid state circuit, and there could be bad connections, a bad IC, bad jacks, bad cable, or a bad tank.
I amnot familiar with SS outboard reverbs. Some folks like them. I would imagine that reapirs, if needed, would cost you what that reverb pedal will cost. IT's a choice.
BD is correct about the resistance readings.....expect the meter to show much different readings. EX: a FEnder tube amp unit has publisg\hed specs of 8 and 2250 ohms......I just read one at 2 ohms and 250 ohms.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote