vintage sound amps ; blackface to the max - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 18th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

vintage sound amps ; blackface to the max

hi tele lovers i want to make a quick review of a new amp i recently bought

many know i am really hung on my germino lead 55 since getting that amp 4 years ago its my love i cant say enough about it

over last summer i came across the Vintage Sound Amp site i been thinking how nice it would be to have a easy amp to lug around for jams and small rooms and to have the 6L6 tone etc etc

there are some builders doing blackface but nothing turned my buttons i was almost ready to do a tweed like a vicky or a carr or juke

anyway rick hayes of vintage sound pretty much does blackface recreations
and in my searching noticed a few hard core germino players also had vintage sound as there other amps so i made my order for a pro reverb 2x12

i ordered it last summer with about a 6 week delivery time the amp shipped a couple weeks late no biggy when fed ex dropped off the box was the size of a refridgerator it took my son and a good 15 minutes to get it out the the box and packing material the only thing letting me know it was a real "f" amp was the name back to front its like a amp from the past

plugged her in and nothing the amp didnt work fed ex must have had a tough time with the box called rick and he had fed ex ship it back

some how a ground connection broke he fixed it and sent it back all was good after a couple weeks sort of the same thing happened again rick had fed ex pick the amp up he found nothing and finally it started happening to him he retubed the amp and all is fine back to jersey

now i have the amp and everything is fine so at least i know his customer service is the best of the best

the workingship is top of the line inside and out the best of parts leaving nothing for second best he put weber speakers that are the jbl clones and they are playing real nice the amp is tonefuly and soulfull very loud
and sounds just like a twin when i ordered the amp i knew he includes the ceaser diaz tremello mod nice touch

what i didnt know is he does two other things that make this amp over the top first is channel one isnt dry you can have reverb and trem in either channel real cool also channel two is total vintage blackface
but channel one is voiced slightly different more modern and you can get the amp to break up sooner real nice for me this amp was a real good find if anyone is thinking about a black face this should be a strong amp to consider he makes any blackface amp and does convertions

just passing alone my thoughts my tele never sounded so good nah my teles has always sounded good haha

thanks
marc

marc sosnoff is offline   Reply With Quote