Pyle speaker in an amp? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Amp Central Station
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Amp Central Station Amps, tubes, speakers & everything AMP related.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Pyle speaker in an amp?

I believe the speaker in my "new-to-me" Lil Dawg D-Lux is a Pyle. No idea about the model, all I can find on the web is that Pyle speakers seem to be predominantly for car and home audio. What can y'all tell me about Pyle speakers?

Old July 9th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

pyle speaks are mostly good replacement speaks. I wouldn't buy their p.a. cabs or use any pyle speaks in my 1000 watt bass rig, but i know a friend who put pyles in his mid 60's vibrolux twenty years ago and he still uses it.
they make musical instrument (guitar speakers). they have several models that are like standard eminence replacement speaks quality wise.
hockey_head is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
R.I.P.
Poster Extraordinaire

Many years ago, while on the road, I blew a speaker and had to go with what was on hand - a Pyle. It was the absolute worst tone I think I'd ever heard before or since. Never again!

Whatever happened to Pyle? Are they still around?

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old July 9th, 2008, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
bo
Friend of Leo's

If it's anything like the aptly named Pyle I had for a few days before blowing sometime back in the mid-80s then just replace it immediately. The Peavey Scorpion I replaced it with is still going strong.
bo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

You know what's funny? Derek Trucks uses four Pyle 10-inch speakers in his touring vintage Super Reverb. I know a lot of people disdain the Pyle brand, but you can't complain about Derek's slide tone! It is killer.

I saw him early this year and his band is full of awesome players.... I'm sure he could pick any setup he wants, but even in interviews, he states that he uses those Pyle speakers in that Super Reverb.

It's in the fingers.......
EHX Hum Debugger > Barber TonePress > Fulltone MDV-3 > Bixonic Expandora > Q-modded BudWah > XP300 Space Station > Fulltone SupaTrem > Keeley AD9 > Express XT Looper > Peterson StroboStomp > ISP Decimator > Fulltone TruePath ABY > The Amps....
eugenedunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I had an old Pyle 15" that I bought back in the early 80's and never used until I built a 5E3 earlier this year. It sounds great to me.

As to what happened to them, I read somewhere that Radio Shack bought them about 20 years ago.
guitar1amp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote