Rogue Rd 80 - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Acoustic Heaven
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Acoustic Heaven Unplugged forum for acoustic players.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Rogue Rd 80

I have one and had three tuners go dead on me, the low e,a, and d. It's pretty cheap. it is't as well built as my yamahas. Do you have the guitar? What's your experiance?

Ya358 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I don't own that model but own the GA model w/ the Fishman Classic 4 and cutaway. It was used and the electronics didn't work so I got a good deal on it. I wanted it as a beater and because I was curious from the good reviews the Rogue acoustics were getting. The jack just needed resoldering (which I suspected) and it was good to go. Has a bright tone which for an all lami guitar impressed me. Had some buzzing so the frets could probably use leveling but they didn't stick out at least. I ended up redoing the nut which cured the buzzing and installed a bone saddle to lower the string height and improve the tone and sustain. Sounds really good now (for a lami) and is easy to play. Plugged in it sounds pretty amazing, especially for a cheap guitar. The cheap tuners on mine are holding up well and stay in tune. I'll probably try brass bridge pins in the future to see if it helps even more. Overall, I'm a happy camper.
dqami is offline   Reply With Quote